This post is sponsored by Mitsubishi Motors. #Drivemitsubishi
This content may contain affiliate links.
It has been a brutal winter so far! It has snowed a few times but it’s the temps that are making it unbearable. That doesn’t bother my boys though. Honestly, they’ll stay outside until their feet and hands go numb! Winter means being stuck home more often, so I always have to think of ways to keep my kids busy. Otherwise, everyone will go a bit crazy!
I put together a list of games and activities we like to do around the house during the winter.
Activities at Home
- Work on a science experiment
- Have a Nerf war with the entire family
- Create a comic book
- Make a stop motion video
- Start a mom and son journal
- Play a game of indoor volleyball-oon
- Create a scavenger hunt around the house
- Have fun doing a LEGO activity
- Make a marshmallow snowman for your hot chocolate
- Have a coloring contest
- Build a snow fort or igloo
- Blow bubbles and watch them freeze
- Make fun designs with snow paint
- Play a game of freeze tag
- Make snow angels and watch the snow fall
- Play tic-tac-snow
- Create a snow volcano
- Play a game of pin the carrot nose on the snowman
- Have target practice with snowballs
- Shovel a neighbor’s driveway
We also like to change up our scenery and jump in the car to take a drive. For the last week, we got to cruise around in the Mitsubishi Outlander, which was very roomy and perfect for our winter adventures.
Here’s a quick list of some fun things you can do away from home.
On the Road
- Surprise friends or family with a visit
- Go sledding
- Perform a random act of kindness like drop soup off to a sick friend
- Select a scenic location and have a photo session
- Take a winter hike and go exploring
- Do volunteer work like help out at a food bank
- Go skiing or snowboarding for the day
- Make a winter video at different locations
- Drive around sightseeing and listening to music (the Outlander has a great sound system!)
- Throw baseball equipment in the back of the car and head to the batting cages
The Mitsubishi Outlander has third-row seating, which makes it perfect for us to bring along our pup, Lexi. She loves to go on car rides. Since she likes to sit in the second row, the boys get booted to the back row.
Day trips are a great way to bond with the family. When we are in the car, we put limits on how long the boys are allowed on their devices. It’s really the perfect time for us to talk and just be with one another. Depending on how long your road trip is, there’s lots of ways to keep the kids engaged and entertained without being glued to their device.
Here are more winter activities:
- 25 fun indoor activities you can do at home
- 30 boy approved science experiments
- 8 fun indoor activities for kids
- 30 LEGO activities
- 40 fun family night ideas your family will love