Here’s how to build an easy Nerf gun battle wall for under $100!
This post contains affiliate links.
My home has been taken over by Nerf! The boys had a lot of Nerf guns already but for Christmas this year they asked for more because, you know, you can’t have too many Nerf accessories. Boys!
They added 7 new Nerf guns, 2 masks, 2 vests, and over 200 darts to their collection. Crazy! I don’t mind but when I noticed that their stuff was taking over my sun room that’s when I had to draw the line.
I told my hubby that he needed to find a place for the boys to keep everything, otherwise the Nerf guns might go MIA.
Being the handy guy he is, he went out to Home Depot, picked up a few supplies, and within an hour built the boys a Nerf wall. He has taken “Nerf Battle” to a whole new level!
Is your home being taken over by Nerf? Here’s how to build the ultimate Nerf battle wall that your kids will go crazy for. Bonus; it will make mom very happy to have everything very organized!
The below can all be found at your local hardware store like Home Depot or Lowe’s.
- 1 x 2 (about $3)
- 4 x 8 sheet of pegboard (about $10)
- Pegboard accessories
- L-hooks storage organizers; the number of hooks you need will depend on how many items you want to hang. We used 2 inch hooks and they worked great.
- Wire baskets are great for holding Nerf accessories
- You can use regular small plastic baskets for the darts
- You might need to cut the pegboard depending on your space and the amount of board you need.
- The pegboard needs to be mounted to the 1 x 2 so it’s not flush against the wall.
- Secure the pegboard with mounting screws to the 1 x 2.
- Add accessories like hooks and baskets on the pegboard.
- The beauty of using a pegboard is that you can move the hooks around as needed. It took us a few tries to get it how we wanted and to be able to fit all of the Nerf guns and accessories. We put the “most popular guns” towards the bottom so it’s easier for the boys to grab.
That’s it! Super easy and will cost less than $100. The accessories are the items that cost the most.