Thanks to Kids Headquarters for keeping us warm this winter and to Netflix for giving us something fun to do indoors!
It’s that time of the year when the weather is cold and bitter and you just want to stay snuggled under a blanket. My family loves being outdoors but when temps drop it makes it a bit difficult. We’ll bundle up and go outside for a bit (until our faces are numb) and then it’s time to hang indoors.
Under Armour and Kids Headquarters sent us some winter gear to keep the boys warm. Hats are one of the most important protections from cold during the winter. My boys constantly hear me say, “Put your hat on!” It’s always a bonus when they don’t mind wearing one. They like these hats because they aren’t itchy and are really soft. Plus, they look cool too!
We are expecting a lot of snow this weekend so after playing outside, I’ll NEED to find things to keep them occupied indoors, otherwise they will go stir crazy!
I’ve put together a list of fun activities the whole family can enjoy indoors:
- Create a sandbox: Instead of using sand, use rice!
- Bubble gum contest: Who will be the champion?
- Play indoor volleyball-oon: Key is using balloons, so no one gets hurt.
- Make forts: One of our personal favorites.
- DIY Star Wars soap: This is such a cool idea!
- Have an indoor picnic; grab some blankets, food, and have a picnic in the living room.
- Salt dough magnets: These would make a great homemade gift.
- Work on a family bucket list: go around and have everyone add an item to the list.
- Icicle craft: Crafty kids will love this one.
- Homemade playdough: This one, won’t dry out.
- Body trace: All you need is a big sheet of paper, a marker, and a body.
- DIY spinning top game boards: Turn bottle caps you’ve collected into super fun spinning tops
- Snow day schedule for kids: For everyone’s sanity pull together a snow schedule.
- DIY door knob hanger for kids: Let your kids create their own door knob hanger.
- Scented glow-in-the-dark slime: It’s stinky. It’s messy. But the kids love it!
- Inside Out memory game: My boys’ favorite game!
- DIY Marshmallow finger paints: Ooey gooey fun!
- Family conversational starters: Get the family talking with this fun activity.
- Laundry basket skee ball: If it includes balls, my boys are all over it.
- Winter sensory bin: A few simple supplies will keep the kids busy with this activity.
- Laundry busy bag: Very simple DIY project.
- Organize the house: Ok this might not sound fun, but why not make a game out of it?
- Toilet paper tube cable cars: The activity that they can make on their own!
- Science experiments: Bubbly explosion, cold pop challenge, and more.
- Movie marathon: Grab some popcorn, cozy up on the couch, and have a movie day (or night)!
Not sure which movies to watch on Netflix? Here’s a list of family friendly movies to get you started:
- 101 Dalmatians
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire
- Brother Bear
- Charlotte’s Web
- Chicken Run
- Curious George
- Earth to Echo
- Finding Neverland
- Forever Strong
- High School Musical
- How to Train Your Dragon 2
- Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
- Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
- Lilo and Stitch
- Mr.Peaboy & Sherman
- Nancy McPhee
- National Treasure
- Penguins of Madagascar
- Robin Hood
- Spy Kids
- The Boxtrolls
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Yours, Mine & Ours
Looking for more fun ideas? Visit my friends below!
Friday Fresh Picks are hand-picked favorite items, reviews and highlights from the amazing women you see above.
Visit their websites to learn about other amazing picks from this week!