Have you bought your boys winter boots yet? Get them now before the weather breaks. I’m sharing some tips for picking out boots for boys. Thanks to Kamik Footwear for partnering with me on this post.
Winter is almost here, but for some of you snow has already fallen. I usually wait until the first snowflake and then I’m the crazy mom that goes scrambling from store to store looking for winter boots for my boys. But not this year thanks to Kamik Footwear. They sent both of my boys a nice pair of winter boots to help keep their tootsies warm and I’m thrilled that this is one less thing I have to worry about.
My boys enjoy playing outdoors in the winter. However, there’s nothing like freezing, wet kids to ruin a day out in the snow. I’m sure you’ve been there. That’s why it’s important they are bundled up and their hands and feet stay warm and dry. The Elements Collection by Kamik Footwear, offers a three-season boots, with features that will keep them outside from September to April.
They are 100% waterproof, 23% lighter than the competition, and featuring an all-weather collar to keep the elements out, and protect those little feet.
A few things to keep in mind, when picking out boots for your boys:
- Sizing: If your child is a half size, it’s always best to go up a size. You have to take into account that thick socks will take up some room in the boot and you want to make sure there’s some wiggle room.
- Waterproof: Look for boots that are waterproof to prevent snow and water from seeping through. Kamik has a waterproof technology that makes boots practically impenetrable to snow and moisture without adding any extra weight to the footwear.
- Inside: Feel the inside of the boot. You want to make sure it’s thick and soft to keep your child’s feet warm and toasty.
- Height: I like to pick boots where the height is mid-calf to prevent snow from creeping in while my boys make snow angels and dive into snow banks.
- Closure: Are they easy for your child to put on and secure closely around the leg? It can sometimes be stressful getting kids ready to play in the snow, so if they can put on their own boots that’s one less thing you’ll need to worry about. The Elements Collection has an easy grab lace lock – even a child in mittens can securely tighten it without having to tie the cord.
- Weight: How heavy is the boot? Avoid really heavy boots as they will weight down your kids and make their legs really tired. RubberHe is Kamik’s own lightweight innovation. This recyclable, PVC-free synthetic rubber is 50% lighter than natural rubber and 30% lighter than other synthetic rubbers.
- Quality: I’ve learned through the years, that you pay for quality. I don’t mind because I can pass down my older son’s boots to my little guy. Plus, they are precious feet I’m protecting.
Here’s a look at some of the really cool styles that Kamik has to offer for kids:
So, whether your child is putting on his Kamik footwear to take a hike with the family, or he’s getting ready for a day of sledding, his feet will always be ready to endure what mother nature throws at him.
Have you bought winter boots for your kids yet?
More Friday Fresh Picks: If you enjoyed reading this post, make sure to browse through my previous editions of Friday Fresh Picks, plus visit my co-hosts below.
- Favorite Finds for Boy Moms
- 5 Boy Moms You Should Follow on Instagram
- Fall Favorites
- Favorites for Boys + Special Reminder
- Home Decor, Nursery Artwork + Pool Fun
- A Snack, Superhero Bedroom + Summer Essential
- Summer Treats, Backyard Fun + More!
- Favorites for Baby Boys
- Athletic Tees for Boys
- All Things Green
- A Few Things I’m Loving
- A Little Bit of Everything
- 5 Binge-Worthy Shows on Netflix
- Ingenious Products for Boys
- How to Take Your Look from Day to Evening
- Lego Batman Gift Guide
- 6 Thanksgiving Crafts to Teach Your Kids About Gratitude
- 6 Winter Jackets for Boys
- Easy Halloween Treats for Classroom Parties
- Superhero Gear for Pets
- 7 Spider-Themed Halloween Ideas
- Spiderman Candy Apples
- Captain America Fashion for Boys
Friday Fresh Picks are hand-picked favorite items, reviews and highlights from the amazing women you see above.
Visit their websites to learn about other amazing picks from this week!