We don’t have to worry about missing our favorite shows while traveling thanks to Verizon FiOS as part of a sponsored series. #FiOSPhilly
My family loves to travel. We’ve been to Jamaica, Disney World, Disneyland, Universal Studios, on tons of snowboarding trips, and we are getting ready to head off to Turks and Caicos. Traveling in itself can be stressful. Throw a few kids into the mix and it can get downright crazy.
For me, the hardest part is packing for everyone and not forgetting anything. I have a system that works for me. I have lists upon lists to help me keep on top of what I need to get done and key essentials to bring on the trip. Today, I’m sharing a few items that help alleviate some of the hassle when it comes to family travel.
1. Better Together Note Pouch ($24.99); When traveling with the family, I’m constantly fumbling through my bag for important documents like flight confirmations, passports, printed itineraries, and hotel booking information. This handy note pouch helps me organize and keep all of my important items secured in a zipper pocket enclosure. I can easily grab this out of my bag and know that everything I need is nicely tucked away. Plus, it has a wrist strap so I can conveniently carry the note pouch while I’m on the move.
2. GRID-IT Accessory Organizer ($19.99); When we travel as a family, we have so many chords and tech items it can get a bit out of hand and disorganized. The GRID-IT organizer allows you to keep all of your personal items snuggled tight in the woven rubberized bands including electronics, snacks, personal items, and more.
3. Baggu Reusable Bag ($9.00); These bags are the coolest! Baggu bags come in various sizes and start at $10. They are made from ecologically friendly dyes and materials and the best part…..they fold up! This is perfect for traveling.
4. USB Portable Humidifier ($29.99); It never fails. When we travel, someone always ends up getting a cold. It’s probably due to the climate changes and new environment. This USB portable humidifier works with all water bottle sizes and provides relief for cold and flu symptoms, and adds moisture to the air in the immediate area.
5. Verizon FiOS Mobile App (Free); Need to keep the kids entertained on long trips? The Verizon FiOS Mobile allows your family to take your favorite shows with you on the road. As long as you have Wifi, you can start streaming right to your device. This has kept my boys busy while sitting in the airport. They plug in their headphones and watch shows right on their iPads.
One of my favorite features is the ability to schedule recordings remotely and control my TV right from my phone. It can be crazy trying to pack for a family and get out the door on time. In the past, I’ve forgotten to record some of my favorite shows while I’m gone. With the Verizon FiOS Mobile app I can do it while on the road, which is awesome because I don’t like to miss my shows!
6. Shacke Pak ($29.99); One of the toughest things to do while packing for a trip is fitting everything you want to bring with you into your luggage. I try to pack both of my boys in one suitcase if I can. These cubes allow me to easily store and organize our clothing that makes it easy to pack and even easier to unpack. Plus, it includes a laundry bag so we can separate our dirty clothing on our journey back home. I like to pack outfits together so this really makes it easy for my boys. They can grab a cube and have everything they need to get dressed for the day.
What are your essentials when traveling?
Check into whether or not you are eligible for Verizon FiOS by visiting (click on Residential and enter your zip code) or you can call Verizon directly at 1 800-VERIZON. Stay up-to-date by visiting them on Facebook (VerizonFiOS) and Twitter (@VerizonFiOS).
This post contains some affiliate links.