Last weekend, my oldest was feeling under the weather so we took a much needed break and stayed in all weekend. Saturday we laid around and watched movies together. By Sunday, he was feeling a little better. Since he loves to draw and paint, I thought a craft would be something fun for him to do and keep him from running around and using up too much energy.
My youngest has this old door hanger that he loves to put on his door knob to try and keep us all out (this kid is too much). So I thought, why not let them make their own door knob hangers and have a little fun with it?
This is a really simple craft (my kind of craft) and if your kids love to paint then they will enjoy this.
What do you need?
- Wooden door knob hangers
- Paint (all different colors)
- Paper plate for paint
- Paint brushes
I found the wooden door knobs at the craft store for $1. I highly recommend putting down newspaper or an old table cover because if your kids are anything like mine they’ll get paint all over.
Then let your kids go to town and paint.
Once they are done painting their door knob hanger, let it sit for about an hour or so to dry. Once it’s completely dry, they can write their special message on it. We used white paint and a small brush so that it would be easier to read.
Gotta love my 6 year old’s sign, “Keep out unless you have a dog and steak!” I only have one of these things so guess I can’t cross his doorway, which means he’s on his own for making his bed, ha!
Once we were done with our craft, we decided to watch a movie. My 6 year old’s hanger and our sweet puppy, Lexi, inspired us to watch a movie about…..DOGS!
We all grabbed a spot on the couch (including Lexi), snuggled up under blankets, and turned on Netflix.
Must Watch Netflix Movies About Dogs
- 101 Dalmatians – When Cruella De Ville dognaps 15 Dalmatian puppies to make them into a fur coat, their parents rally all the city’s animals to come to their rescue.
- Dogs with Jobs – From rescuers to entertainers, this series follows working dogs around the world and explores the intense bond they share with people.
- Red Dog – This is the story of a lovable canine that roams the outback and finds his way into the hearts of each and every person he meets along the way.
- Air Bud: Spikes Back – Having already thrilled audiences with his basketball, football, soccer and baseball prowess, superstar pooch Buddy is now conquering pro volleyball.
- Beethoven’s Treasure Tail – After losing his job, America’s beloved St. Bernard gets stranded in a small town and hunts for lost pirate treasure with a new found friend.
Not only can you stream Netflix on your television but you can watch instantly from any Internet-connected device that offers a Netflix app, such as a computer, gaming console, DVD or Blu-ray player, HDTV, set-top box, home theater system, phone or tablet. Best part…..you can do this for less than $10 a month! Follow Netflix on Facebook and Twitter.
Disclosure: As a member of the Netflix Stream Team, I received a Netflix subscription and a streaming device in return for posting Netflix updates and reviews. As always, all opinions are my own. Read Life Without Pink’s full disclosure here