We came up with ways to beat the heat with Verizon FiOS as part of a sponsored post.
The last few days have been HOT….like in the 90’s hot with lots of humidity. My kids want to stay outside all.day.long but it’s really dangerous not to mention exhausting being in the heat. I came up with a few ways we can beat the heat this summer and escape the sun when we need to.
1. Early and late outside playtime. When it’s really hot, the boys and I will go outside (right after breakfast) to hit the park, visit the local water park or swim in the pool when the sun isn’t blazing. We’ll take a break and head indoors between 12 – 3 (the hottest time of the day) and then go back outside after dinner when it’s a bit cooler.
2. Enjoy an icy treat. Nothing cools you down better than an ice cold treat! Sometimes we’ll switch things up a bit and go out for ice cream BEFORE dinner. That’s the best part about summer, rules can be broken and I’ll break any rule for ice cream!
3. Have a water balloon fight. The other night after dinner my hubby and I decided to have a water balloon fight with the kids. It was still very humid and this was a great way to cool off. The boys had a blast trying to sneak attack mom and dad with water balloons. I heard lots of giggling and by the end, we were all soaked and smiling.
4. Relaxing time. After we’ve had some fun outside, we’ll go inside to cool off and relax. The sun and heat really do beat you up! The boys will play a game or read a book but sometimes they just want to veg out with a snack and play on their iPads watching their favorite shows. I don’t mind since they don’t get to do this very often (we are always out and about).
While they watch a movie, I catch up on work. I love that I can work-from-home and work my hours around my boys, but there’s always deadlines to meet and conference calls to attend. There’s nothing more frustrating than a slow computer or when a movie freezes – I always know when this happens because the kids will come screaming that their movie isn’t working…you know it’s the end of the world when this happens.
Thankfully with Verizon FiOS we have a dedicated connection, no sharing bandwidth with my neighbors and no more buffering or error messages waiting for On Demand programming. I can work on the computer while they both stream movies to their iPads with no interruptions or downtime. This makes for happy kids and a happy mom!
5. Make a photo book together. I’ve been really slacking in this department lately. It seems that life is just too busy and all of our family memories sit on the computer. So I thought….why not make a book together with my boys? They love picking out the photos and designing the layout of each page. What’s not fun is uploading about a 100 photos at one time. Who has time to set aside a few hours to do this? Not me!
With Verizon FiOS it literally takes a few minutes to upload all of the photos and we can get started working on our book right away. That’s HUGE and a big reason why I need to get cracking on this project. It’s the perfect way for us to beat the heat and spend some time together going through old photos and reflecting on family memories.
How are you beating the heat with your kids?
Check into whether or not you are eligible for Verizon FiOS by visiting (click on Residential and enter your zip code) or you can call Verizon directly at 1 800-VERIZON. Stay up-to-date by visiting them on Facebook (VerizonFiOS) and Twitter (@VerizonFiOS).