*This post contains some affiliate links.
I can’t believe Easter is just around the corner! Over the last few years, I’ve really tried to limit the candy that I put into my boys’ Easter baskets. Of course I put some special treats in there for them (what fun would it be with NO candy?!) but I try to fill their baskets with mostly non-candy items.
I stick with things that are inexpensive but fun at the same time. Two items I always include are new swimsuits (that’s something my mom always added and I have continued that tradition) and some type of outside activity.
Below are a few fun items that would be great basket fillers. Enjoy!
1. Shwings: Wings for your shoes! They have 150 styles in an array of fun shapes and colors. Shwings have been spotted on a number of trendsetting celebrity kids, including Gwen Stefani’s boys Zuma and Kingston, David and Victoria Beckman’s sons Romeo and Cruz, Heidi Klum’s daughter Lou, Kendall and Kylie Jenner and many others.
2. Minecraft Papercrafts: If your boys are into Minecraft like mine, then they’ll flip over this papercraft set.
3. LEGO Star Wars Mad Libs: I loved these as a kid and my oldest really enjoys filling them out. They are very affordable, so I plan on putting a few of these in my boys’ baskets this year.
4. Two-Tone Snapback Hat: Now that the snow has melted and the sun is shining, my boys need new hats to add to their spring collection. I love these cool hats by Of One Sea – an unity-inspired surf brand based on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii.
5. Felt Masks: What child doesn’t like dressing up and acting out different characters and animals? These adorable felt masks allow them to get creative and enjoy playtime!
6. Magic Rocks: Kids can create their own underwater garden with this magical kit. Complete with a mini aquarium and multicolor stones that sprout into crystals up to four inches tall. Endless fun!
7. Blue Wayfarer Sunglasses: Stylish and affordable sunglasses for kids and adults.
8. Pixy Cubes: We love playing games and this looks like a blast. It contains three activities in one creative game. A fun game for the entire family!
More non-candy ideas!
15. iTunes Gift Card
16. Jumbo Jacks
17. Spot It! MLB
18. Squirt Guns
What type of non-candy items do you put into your child’s Easter basket?