I take a ton of photos. I probably have thousands upon thousands of photos sitting in my computer.
Years ago, I made photo books for all of our special moments like holidays, birthdays, vacations, and more. I had the time and it was something I really enjoyed doing. I even made them for birthday and Christmas presents. It was awesome seeing how excited and happy everyone would get when they opened it up.
Fast forward a few years and two kids later and I’m way behind. This has been on my to-do list, to get back to making photo books for my family. That’s why I was thrilled when Snapfish contacted me about working together to create a Snapfish photo book.
It was actually perfecting timing since we were getting ready to head off to Disneyland for the Disney Social Media Moms Conference. I knew I’d be taking a ton of photos and was thrilled to be able to create a book as soon as we got back.
One evening after the kids went to bed, I sat down with a cup of coffee and started working on my photo book. The process to upload your photos is super simple. If you are limited on time, you can choose to have them lay out your photos or do it yourself.
I love the DIY approach were I can rearrange the pages and choose how many photos I want on each page. The editor will let you know if the there is a problem with the quality of your photos. If there is, you can do small edits in the software.
Then the best part….designing the pages!
There are so many adorable embellishments, fonts, and themes to really personalize your book.
Below are a few tips I found helpful when creating my photo book.
1. Collect your photos and put them into a folder before you start. This will save you time from searching through hundreds of photos. I simply create a folder on my desktop and drop in my photos.
2. Choose your book size and cover style. Look through the different options before deciding on one. I love mixing my books up so I have an array of different sizes. Looks great on a coffee table!
3. Decide on a theme. There are a ton of themes to choose from like birthday, vacation, family memories, a year to remember, and more. Pick a theme that will work with the book you are creating.
4. Pick a cover photo. The cover is your “wow factor” so before you start putting photos into your book, pick the one that stands out the most. This will be the photo that everyone will see.
5. Set a timer. Sometimes it can be hard to finish a book in one sitting especially if you want to take your time. I give myself time to put the photos into the book, take a break, then set the timer again to finish it up by adding the special touches.
6. Let the kids get involved. If you have time, get the kids involved by helping you layout the photos, picking the color for the pages, etc. My boys love to help me create books and it’s a fun family activity we can do together.
7. Add captions but not too many. Now you don’t have to do this on every page, but I like to tell a story when creating my books. It’s fun to look back and remember where we were, what the kids said, and some of our favorite moments. But I also don’t like to go overboard because photos can also tell the story.
8. It’s not a novel. Remember your photo book doesn’t have to be 40 pages long. I like to stick with the standard 20 pages and occasionally I’ll add a page or two. The more pages you add, the more it will cost.
I’m so in love with the way my book turned out.
We keep it on the coffee table and the boys look at it every day. This has really inspired me to create more photo books because there’s nothing like having photos in your hand compared to viewing them on the computer.
Snag this awesome deal!
Snapfish has an awesome deal going on. For $29.99 you can get a 8×11 premium photo book, up to 20 additional pages at no cost, and free shipping! Get started creating your own Snapfish photo book.
Good news! Two lucky LWP readers will win $50 Snapfish credit to create their own photo book!
Giveaway Start and End Date/Times: Giveaway starts Wednesday, May 14 and ends Sunday, May 18th at 11:59pm ET.
How to Enter: Use the entry form below to enter. Winners selected randomly using Random.org and will be notified by email. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Make sure to join the Snapfish Superfan Community.
This post was created in partnership with Snapfish. All opinions are my own.