There was so much to see at Disneyland but our favorite spot had to be Cars Land in California Adventure. As soon as you enter the park, you feel like you’ve been transported to Radiator Springs. The attention to detail is pretty incredible.
During the conference, we learned that it was a long process to create Cars Land. There were months and months of research done and they even drove down Route 66 stopping to visit with the residents to get a real feel for the area. Disneyland knew their job was completed when a child said, “Is this where they made the movie?”
Our absolute favorite ride was Radiator Springs Racers. We probably rode this about 10 times or more and every time we giggled harder.
I put together a fun video so you can see what Cars Land looks like plus a peek at the Radiator Springs Racers ride.
- Extra magic hours are from 7AM to 8AM – take advantage of this.
- First stop – FASTPASS Radiator Springs Racers (you won’t want to miss this and it will book up fast!). It’s located all the way in the back on the right hand side.
- The Cars drive through Route 66 in Radiator Springs to gas up and meet the crowd. This is the perfect time to have your photo taken with them.
- Make sure to enjoy the dining and shopping and take everything in….the scenery is pretty incredible.
- Try to visit at night – that’s when everything comes alive! Lights, music, and even DJ comes out to entertain the crowd.
Read more from our Disneyland experience:
- 4 Tips for Making it to the Finish Line
- Maleficent’s Elle Fanning visits Disneyland for her sweet 16
- 8 Tips for Keeping Your Child Safe At Disneyland
Disclosure: My family was invited to the 2014 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration and we received discounted rates and tickets. While I was not asked to write about our experience or sponsors, it truly was a magical time and I want to share some of the fun we had.