If you have given up the rule ‘no running in the house’ or ‘no dodge ball inside’ then you must be a mom of boys! I think I’ve said those statements at least a 100 times before throwing my hands up! Hey – as long as they don’t break anything I’m ok with it.
This is Part 2 of signs you’re a mom of boys. Make sure to check out Part 1 as well!
- You know the names/purpose of every construction vehicle and the names of all the Autobots and Decepticons. – Teresa from Learn as you Grow
- You have a “special” pair of gloves for cleaning the bathroom. – Lindsey from Dishwasher Dreams
- When anywhere can become a good spot to pee. – Mindy from All About Calvin
- You have found a frog in a bowl of water underneath your child’s bed. You know who all the “power hitters” are by first name in MLB (ahem that’s Major League Baseball btw) AND you still can’t seem to part with a few of the old favorite Thomas the Tank Engine videos I won’t even bother talking about fart jokes. – A.M.
- When you have to argue the benefits of an actual bath (with soap!) Over a dip in the pool. – Pamela
- People have seen your child pee in public on multiple occasions. Random motorists…family members…friends…because when he has to go, he goes. - Teresa from Embracing the Spectrum
- You have hosted birthday parties that included race cars, Legos, Star Wars, Angry Birds, Superheroes and/or Skylanders and were more than happy to dress the part to go along with the them. – Kelly from Delco Deal Diva
- You know you are a mom of boys when you get a note from the teacher that says ” Mrs. Hand, although nerf wars are fun I am not sure they are an appropriate activity for fun Fridays. Thank you.” – Coral
- I have also found frogs hopping around my home. Dead frogs in my washing machines. – Coral
- If you have ever walked into church late with little boys in red clay smudged blue jeans because those were the only pairs left that didn’t have holes in the knees.- Coral
- I once woke up too ” mom look at what I found !” I opened my eyes and right in my face was a baby bunny rabbit. And smiling faces. – Coral
- You know you’re a mom of boys when you find rocks in every pocket, purse and car. – Beth from Life in the Batcave
- You come home from a day at the park and the bottom of your purse is lined with “gifts” of random rocks, beheaded dandelions, and cicada moltings…Your family room is often rearranged in an attempt to mimic an “American Ninja Warrior” obstacle course….Oh, and way too many comments end with scatological humor or gastrointestinal pyrotechnics! Aiy, yi, yi! – Andrea
- You know you are a mom of boys when walking around the house without shoes is a hazard due to Legos, green Army men or Metal Cars laying around in. EXACTLY. The. Right. Spot. to protect us from enemy alien zombie attacks which can only be defended using laser beams that emit fart smelling lights. (I wish I was making this up). – Jessica from The Debt Princess
- We have holes in the walls, a front window that gets cracked every few months, and lots of love. – Jennifer from Beyond the Crib
- you find rocks and sticks in your washing machine. – Kelly from One Quarter Mama
- Having a dozen different kinds of balls in your house….and stepping on at least one of them, once a day, everyday. – Janice from GatheringGraces
- You know your a boy mom when you have peroxide & band aids stashed in every room; have dents inside the dryer from washing rocks; & you get excited at the sight of a snake, toad, bug bc you know your boys will love it! – Christine
- Your doing dishes and turn around to find worms on your kitchen table. – Bonnie from This and That Reviews
- You can accurately identify each super hero, their origin, nemesis and sidekick.- Brook from Redhead Reverie
- You talk loudly, because your house is always loud. – Brook from Redhead Reverie
- Farts, burps and armpit noises don’t bother you. – Brook from Redhead Reverie
- You can assemble and reassemble LEGOS in your sleep. – Brook from Redhead Reverie
- Creepy Crawly things no longer freak you out, because they are constantly on your counter or in your bed.- Brook from Redhead Reverie
- Every life lesson either has a sports or Star Wars reference. Life is always an adventure. – Brook from Redhead Reverie
- You’ve been peed on in a public restroom thanks to bad aim. – Nichole from Nichole Ann
- You find yourself elected judge of the farting/burping contest and you have to be fair!!! – Nikki
- You can’t keep enough milk in the fridge or bread in the pantry! – Kelly from Delco Deal Diva
- You have to clean the walls behind the toilet. – Erika
- Go frantically looking for “cups” before a baseball game. – Erika
- When you flip through coloring books and see superhero costumes drawn onto the characters. I didn’t realize that Curious George and Winnie the Pooh are now part of The Avengers! – Rhapsody from Turnovers
Can you add any to the list?
Don’t forget to check out Part 1: 30 Signs You’re a Mom of Boys.