Gluten and Nut Free Lemon Ginger Crisp
Makes 20 large cookies
- 12 tbls unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour mix with xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 oz minced crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 375° F / 190° C
- Combine softened butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Cream with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and lemon extract. Beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine gluten-free all purpose flour, gluten-free baking powder, ground ginger, salt and grated lemon zest. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat on slow and use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. When the mixture is combined, gradually add the minced ginger to the cookie dough and blend until combined.
- Make 2 tablespoon balls out of dough for giant cookies. Place no more than 6 on large ungreased cookie sheets. If they are placed too close together they will bake together! If you prefer smaller cookies make 1 tablespoon balls out of dough and place no more than 6 on large cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are set and the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for at least five minutes before removing with a large spatula to a cooling rack.
For more great recipes, please visit Kings Food Markets.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. Kings Food Markets provided me with the recipe and gave me permission to use their photo.