*According to the Huffington Post, peanut allergies have tripled in the past decade. On top of that, the American Celiac Disease Alliance reported that one in 80 children are gluten intolerant. Food allergies are prominent, and it’s a concern most mothers and fathers can’t ignore, especially around this time of year.
Thankfully my boys do not have any allergies, but I’m still very conscious when making treats for other kids.
Kings Food Markets has really great gluten and nut free recipes that help me ensure the treats I’m making for the kids are allergy free just to be on the safe side.
Gluten and Nut Free Rice Krispie Treats
*Makes 12 two inch squares
- 1 10 oz box of Gluten-Free Brown Rice Krispies Cereal (Use the entire box)
- 8 tbls butter (1 stick)
- 1 10 oz package of marshmallows
- 1 tsp Gluten Free Vanilla Extract
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan
- Melt butter over low heat in a large pan.
- Add marshmallows to melted butter and stir over low heat until melted. Remove pan from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in rice cereal and gently coat cereal with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour rice mixture into prepared pan. With buttered fingers press the mixture flat.
- When cool and set, cut into 12 squares.
For more great recipes, please visit Kings Food Markets.
*Information was provided to me from Kings Food Markets
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. Kings Food Markets provided me with the recipe and gave me permission to use their photo.