I’ve heard Kalahari Resorts is an awesome place to go for a family get away! I’ve never been there simply because there isn’t one located near me.
Well, I’m excited to share they have plans to build a third waterpark resort and convention center property in the Pocono Mountains, tentatively scheduled for opening in late 2014 or early 2015. This isn’t too far from me, so I’m thrilled!
A little about the new property:
- 450 guest rooms & suites
- 1 to 3 bedroom suite options
- All rooms include: Microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, iron, ironing board, in-room safe, complimentary WiFi, remote control television with cable and pay-per-view movies, alarm clock, voice mail system, hair dryer, luxurious bath amenities and admission to Pennsylvania’s Largest Indoor Waterpark
Meeting & Exhibit Facilities
- 65,000 sq ft of flexible space
- 25,000 and 9,000 sq ft ballrooms
- 15 meeting rooms & multiple hospitality suites
- Full service business center
- Exceptional pre-function space
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Extraordinary function areas throughout indoor & outdoor waterparks and indoor theme park
Recreation & Entertainment
- Spa Kalahari and Salon
- 18 hole Donald Ross design golf course
- Multiple and varied retail shops
- Authentic African artifacts, furniture and artwork
- Horseback riding, archery, fishing, sledding, snow shoeing and more nearby
Water and Theme Parks
- Admission to Pennsylvania’s largest indoor and outdoor (seasonal) waterparks included for all registered guests
- 100,000 sq ft indoor waterpark
- 2 acre outdoor waterpark
- Exclusive pricing available for indoor and outdoor theme park
- 30,000 sq ft indoor theme park featuring bowling, laser tag, black light mini golf, arcade games and more
Dining and Drinks
- Two full-service restaurants – Featuring varied exceptional cuisines. Design and concept currently in development.
- Homemade Candy Shop – Hand-dipped chocolates, fabulous caramel apples, homemade fudge, salt water taffy, ice cream and more
- Java Manjaro – Gourmet coffees, pastries, desserts, hot sandwiches, smoothies and more
- Waterpark & theme park dining and libations
Check out some of the photos from their current locations:
Doesn’t this place look amazing? My boys saw the photos and are already asking, “Can we go there? Please!”
This will definitely be on my “vacation” list for 2014!
Have you ever been to Kalahari Resorts? Love to hear your thoughts!
Disclosure: I was not compensated for my post. I just thought I’d share some information on a great place to go for a family vacation.