There is something magical that happens when you become a mother. You sense danger, you will do anything to protect your young, you develop a tough stomach and can go without sleep for days.
Some may call it survival mode but I call it just being a “mom.”
Yes, us moms can be superheroes too. We may not be saving people from burning buildings or fighting crime in the streets, but we do have a tough job, honestly one of the toughest jobs there are. We have many titles and perform numerous tasks on any given day.
To me, a “superhero mom” is a woman that:
- multitasks like no one’s business
- works on her marriage/relationships
- knows when to ask for help
- teaches her children how to be polite and respectful
- helps with homework and takes time to spend with her kids
- knows when to say “I’m sorry” or “I was wrong”
- has a magical touch to make her children feel better
- rolls with the punches
- takes time for herself
- lives in the moment
- doesn’t keep up with the Joneses
- showers her family with love
- makes time for her girlfriends
- accepts changes
- can sense when something is wrong with one of her children
- realizes the small moments in her life are actually the big ones
- doesn’t force her children to do something they don’t want to
- can disconnect from technology every once in awhile
- learns from her children
- lets loose and has fun
- doesn’t try to be perfect
- knows her best is enough
Being a superhero mom is not about being a perfect mom – there is no such thing. It’s about doing what you feel is best for yourself and your family.
She is someone who her children look up to and in their eyes “she is their superhero mom”!
What do you think a superhero mom is?
Linking up with Pour Your Heart Out.