5 Resources For Planning A Disney Vacation

by Tina @ Life Without Pink on October 22, 2012

I have been waiting for this moment since my first son was born. Next month, I’ll be surprising my boys with a trip to Walt Disney World!

I can not wait to see everything through their eyes from waking them up with our surprise, to walking on an airplane for the first time to seeing the excitement on their face when they meet Mickey Mouse!

I started planning our trip about a year ago and it was overwhelming. Everyone has a different opinion on where to stay and how to organize the trip, and I felt so confused.

Over the next month, I’ll be sharing some of my tips on what worked and didn’t work for my family.

Also, I’ll be taking tons of photos and videos that I’ll be sharing as well. I’ll be shooting some of the videos with our GoPro Hero3, so you’ll get to see what it’s like to actually be on the rides!

Today, I wanted to share a few resources that were very instrumental in helping me plan my trip.

#1: Travel Magic - the backbone in planning my trip. At no cost, they’ll help answer any questions, book hotel & meals, make sure you are given any special promos or discounts, plan out your itinerary to fit your family’s need and share insider tips on how to navigate through each park. I owe all of the planning and organization to them and I’d highly recommend their services.

#2: The unofficial Guide to Disney World 2013 – My cousin recommended that I purchase this book and I’m so glad I did. It includes everything from planning before you leave home, accommodations to how to map out each park to save you 4 hours of your time! I read this book, highlighted parts that were important and added tabs so I can reference those pages later.

#3: Apps! I haven’t used them yet (until I get there), but I have them ready to go on my phone for when we arrive. I already started playing around with them and my favorite (so far) is the My Disney Experience app.

Here are a few FREE apps I downloaded per recommendations:

1. Disney World Lines from TouringPlans.com
  2. Disney World Maps
  3. Disney Mobile Magic
  4. My Disney Experience

#4: Disneyed Blog - Colleen does a great job at highlighting the attractions at the parks and sharing insider tips like pirate makeover for boys, which we are totally going to do! If you want to get excited for your trip, check out her videos!

#5: GardenGrocer.com -  You can order groceries ahead of time and have them shipped directly to your hotel room. How cool is that? Even though we have a meal plan, my boys always want to snack. We have stocked up our room for when we have down time plus it will save us money bringing snacks and water to the parks. TIP: Order a few weeks ahead of time as they book up fast!

Do you have any resources to share that helped you plan your Disney trip? I’d love to hear them!

Want more Disney tips?

How To Be Chosen For The Jedi Training Academy at Disney Hollywood Studios

10 Tips For Keeping Your Child Safe At Disney World

My Thoughts on the Port Orleans Riverside Resort with video

Disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way for this post. I just thought I’d share resources that helped me when planning my Disney trip.

Subscribe to the RSS feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.

1 Jen October 22, 2012 at 2:46 pm

This is a great resource, thank you! I actually just got back from Disney last week for business and am very excited about starting to plan for me and my son (6 1/2) to go next year for a few days. This will help tremendously! Have a great time next month!

2 Life Without Pink October 22, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Thanks Jen! I’m super excited :)

3 Rajean October 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Thanks, perfect timing, as we hope 2013 will be our year with Mickey for our youngest two. I’ll be sure to pay attention to your posts. We’re torn between Disney Land and Disney World. We only know the later, but we might consider a drive from Colorado to Land.
Rajean´s last blog post ..Great Debate – Ironing – A Chore of the Past?

4 Life Without Pink October 24, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I will keep you posted on how it goes!

5 Jessica @FoundtheMarbles October 22, 2012 at 8:22 pm

We ordered from Garden Grocer before our Disney trip in August and our fridge was full when we arrived at our room. What an incredibly helpful option to have for the trip.
Jessica @FoundtheMarbles´s last blog post ..I Am Malala. Aren’t You?

6 Life Without Pink October 24, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Yes, so excited we will have food waiting for us!

7 Andrea October 23, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I’d like to have my own copy of this guide as well. It’s been my dream to have a disney vacation. a child fantasy that has never came to life yet. Hopefully this December I can go to any Disneyland!

-Andrea
Andrea´s last blog post ..read this

8 Life Without Pink October 24, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Crossing fingers for you!

9 Jen V October 24, 2012 at 7:46 am

I am definitely going to keep watch for the rest of your tips. We are taking our daughters to Disney early next year. The last time I was at Disney was over 10 years ago so I am sure a lot has changed. I love the tip to get groceries delivered to your hotel room. Will they deliver to hotels on Disney property? We are staying at Port Orleans.
Jen V´s last blog post ..Make Your Own Doll Plates From Canning Lids

10 Life Without Pink October 24, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Yes, the last time I was there was before I was married! Yes, Garden Grocers deliver right to your room. You tell them where you are staying, when you arrive and what time you want delivery. Also, I’m staying at Port Orleans too! I’ll take some video and share my thoughts.

11 Andrea November 28, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Oh – I’m so glad I was referred to your site! This is a great, resourceful post that I’ll be referencing for our trip!! Thanks so much!
Andrea´s last blog post ..SAFESKIN for Kids Saves the Day

12 Life Without Pink November 28, 2012 at 8:52 pm

So glad I could help!

13 induction cooktop January 14, 2014 at 12:06 pm

advertising and *********** with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS
to my email and can glance out for much more of your respective intriguing content.
Ensure that you update this again very soon..
induction cooktop´s last blog post ..induction cooktop

14 saw vs miter saw June 25, 2014 at 11:59 am

This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.
I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post.
Also, I have shared your web site in my social
networks!
saw vs miter saw´s last blog post ..saw vs miter saw