Last night I attended a car seat safety event for Graco’s BRAND NEW car seat, the SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40.
It’s the only infant car seat that provides rear-facing protection for babies from birth to 2 years old, as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
When my boys were young, we turned them around once they hit a year old and were 20lbs. At the time, that’s what was recommended.
However, in 2011 the American Academy of Pediatrics put out new recommendations for infants and car seats. They recommend that children remain rear-facing in the car until 2.
At the event, we had a local car seat safety expert go over how to properly install your car seat and tips on how to secure your child into their car seat.
Here are a few things I learned about car seat safety:
- Toddlers are more than 5 TIMES safer riding rear facing in a car seat.
- You want to have infants at a 45 degree angle because of their head control.
- There should be no loose objects in the back of the car that can shift and fall on your child. This includes hanging toys from the car seat.
- It’s VERY important to register your car seat for recalls, etc.
- If you are given an used car seat, ALWAYS ask if it’s been in a crash & go online to see if there have been any recalls.
- Car seats have a shelf life. You may have a car seat from three years ago that you never used but it may not be up to standards.
- Never use LATCH and belts together. They can counteract.
- Key is – the car seat should not move more than an inch on either side once it’s installed.
- Middle is the safest for car seat then passenger side then driver’s side.
More information on the Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40.
- 4 – 40 pound weight limit – a full 2 years.
- 8-position adjustable base grows with your child, providing the most leg room and a comfortable ride for up to 2 years.
- Simply Safe Adjust™ Harness System is safe and simple with a one-hand harness and headrest adjustment.
- Click Connect™ technology provides a one-step secure attachment to all Graco Click Connect strollers to create a travel system.
The Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 is available online and in stores at Babies R Us.
See it in action:
All of the attendees at the event went home with their very own Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 – how cool is that?!
I learned a ton at the event and a BIG thank you to Erica who was the hostess with the mostess!
And thanks to all of the baby bumps and sweet baby girl twins I saw last night….I know have baby fever!
The Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 – the first and only newborn to two-year infant car seat that actually grows with your baby from four pounds all the way up to 40 pounds. The car seat is designed for a parent on the go. The infant car seat can be easily removed from the base and used as a carrier when the infant is small, providing portability and convenience so you can easily move your infant in and out of the car without disturbing them.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recently made the recommendation to keep all children in rear-facing car seats until the age of 2. Graco set out to make this product so parents can keep infants rear facing longer while still keeping them comfortable.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Graco. The opinions and text are all mine.