I have been meaning to share this recipe with you for weeks!
Now that 4th of July is only two days away, I thought I better get it up, so you can try it out.
Here’s a secret – up until about a year ago I NEVER ate hamburgers.
I know GASP!
When I was about five years old, I tried one and decided I hated burgers. This idea stuck in my head, until one day last year I caved in and took a bite of my husband’s burger.
All it took was one homemade burger and I was hooked!
A few weeks ago, I tried out a new recipe and it was a hit in my household!
It’s really easy to make and takes no time at all.
Trust me, if you put this on your menu Wednesday, your guests will love you!
Tell me: What’s your favorite type of burger?
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 4 chipotle peppers with adobo sauce from a can, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Pinch of salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 8 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 hamburger buns / rolls
- Condiments of choice
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often for about 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Drizzle with vinegar and stir to combine. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Preheat grill.
- In large bowl, combine beef or turkey, chipotle, cilantro, garlic, lime zest, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix well. Form meat into eight patties.
- Grill burgers for about five minutes on each side. Lay slices of cheese over burgers and cook for another one to two minutes or until burgers are cooked through.
- Place burgers on rolls top with favorite condiment and caramelized onions.