Bedroom Design Inspiration

by Tina @ Life Without Pink on March 12, 2012

Two and half years ago we moved into our home.

Of course we had a ton of projects to complete right away and for some reason there are still a bunch on our to-do-list.

My bedroom was pushed to the end of our list.

The paint color in our room is a mustard yellow color and it was ok at first.

But lately every time I enter my room I feel blah.

And I don’t want to feel that way.

I want to feel a sense of relaxation when I come into my room because it’s my own space.

This past weekend, my hubby and I decided it was time for a new bed.

King size! And with a new bed comes, new bedding.

I instantly became overwhelmed.

The type of bedding that I want won’t go with the drab wall color that’s currently in our room.

Then my hubby confessed he doesn’t like it either. I actually did a slight dance in my head.

So I’ve been searching my favorite place, Pinterest, for bedroom inspiration.

If I get a chance to redesign my room, I need to do this right because I won’t get this chance again for a very long time.

I fell in love with a few bedrooms I found on-line.

This is probably one of my favorites. I love the pop of color and texture in this bedroom;

Source: homegoods.com via Tina on Pinterest

This has the perfect combination of masculine and feminine;

This is pretty simple but love how bright and clean it looks;

This has a romantic touch;

Source: potterybarn.com via Tina on Pinterest

So I need help.

Where do you go for bedroom inspiration? AND what’s the best place to look for new bedding?

1 Jackie March 12, 2012 at 11:04 am

First of all I love all those bedrooms that you found but I think that you will be taking a big chance with so much white! And second… best place for new bedding? I have no idea! I’ve been trying to find a few pieces to finish my room (I didn’t buy a set) and just can’t seem to find what I want. I may be forced to get crafty and make stuff myself.
Jackie´s last blog post ..Monday Menu ~ Death by Chocolate Cupcakes

2 Mimzy Wimzy March 12, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Our bedroom is at the bottom of our list too! We did just get a duvet cover from Ikea that we love. We (and by we I mean “I”) have a ton of ideas of what I want to do in our bedroom when the time comes. That time will require both time & money. I honestly get many of my ideas when we are meandering through Ikea. Even if I don’t get the items from there I get the inspiration and can move forward looking other places for the pieces/accessories I want/need.
Good luck! I can’t wait to see pictures of what you end up doing!
Mimzy Wimzy´s last blog post ..Busy, busy.

3 melissa March 12, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I pretty much could have written this exact post! We’ve been in our house for the same amount of time, and have been doing projects right along, with our bedroom being pushed to the bottom of the list. We finally decided it is time to do something about it. The room has furniture in it from when I was 15 and a queen bed. We are going to get a new bedroom set with a KING and we are going to paint and get new bedding and all that fun stuff.

Pinterest is my inspiration for sure. I’m looking for gray, navy, maybe some pops of red or fuschia? It’s overwhelming!! And it has to be just right, because like you this will be the last chance to do anything about this awful room for a long time!
melissa´s last blog post ..A constant state of exhaustion…

4 Corine March 12, 2012 at 1:30 pm

LOVE the first one with the mustard color pillows- I especially love the rug in that pic!
Corine´s last blog post ..Photo Editor App That Will Change Your Life

5 Kristen March 13, 2012 at 10:25 am

That first one…dig, dig, dig on the internet and find out how you can get the same look but cheaper and then write another post about it. I can’t find any of this stuff that is on Pinterest. I can’t find a good bedding store period anymore. I think they must all be online but I get so overwhelmed that I just keep it all on the backburner. It shouldn’t be so hard.
Kristen´s last blog post ..I’m Not Allowed to Get Mushy…

6 Christine @ Love, Life, Surf March 13, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I recently bought new bedding. At first, I shied away from white – scared it would get dirty too easily in a house full a boys. But I did end up buying it because I loved it and vowed to take care of it. I wanted a nice grown up bedroom! I bought similar a pin tuck duvet from West Elm that was very reasonably priced. They actually have some pretty nice stuff!
Christine @ Love, Life, Surf´s last blog post ..5 Ways Not to Bake a Birthday Cake

7 Charlotte March 19, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Oh, wow! These are all so beautiful. But the first thing I noticed was the white bedding on each. I dunno about you, but I would be so incredibly afraid of anything spilling and ruining the white forever. But that’s just me. LOVE the carpet in the first pic! Enjoy the decorating process; that’s always so much fun!
Charlotte´s last blog post ..winner winner chicken dinner!

8 Orlando Paint Contractor October 23, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Hi Tina,
Thanks for sharing your story and the pictures with us. We think its really about identifying the colors that fit the room (bedrooms should be calming) as well as your personality type. And the pros do just what you’ve done – look to visual images for inspiration!