July Project Marriage Challenge: Date Night

by Tina @ Life Without Pink on July 1, 2011

Congratulations Hopes from Staying Afloat – you are our July Winner!!

It has been one month since we first introduced Project Marriage! We hope you are having fun and feeling inspired because that’s what it is all about!

Mommyfriend and I are so excited to announce our July Project Marriage Challenge! So get ready!

This month’s challenge is to find a sitter (oh, I know), and go on a date with your spouse!

Can you remember the last time you went out on a date? I’ll wait…..

Yeah it’s been that long for me too!

Life is so different after having kids. Before kids, my hubby and I went out on dates all the time. We would go out to a fancy dinner, have a few drinks, maybe go to a movie or meet up with friends.

But now, well things are very different.

Now a date consists of trying to find an outfit without a stain, scarfing down food in fear someone will eat it before I get the chance, and heading home after only two hours because we are tired. Lamesauce I know!

For this month’s challenge, I want to get all glammed up, go to a local hot spot and sip an overpriced fruity drink as I leisurely flip through the menu and ask for more time before ordering – not because I need it, just because I can.

If you have kids, we’re challenging you to try and make it through date night WITHOUT talking about your awesome kids, gasp!  I know, it’s going to be a challenge but we know you can do it! And if you don’t have kids, well then you will breeze through this part!

But wait, there’s always more.

We are beyond thrilled to announce that Bellflower Books is the official sponsor for July’s Project Marriage Challenge!  Bellflower Books allows you to create personalized memory books full of letters and photos from your closest friends and family!  One lucky July Project Marriage participant will be randomly selected to win a $75 gift certificate to Bellflower Books! Winner will be announced August 1st on the Project Marriage Facebook page and on Twitter (be sure to follow #projectmarriage).

Speaking of Project Marriage’s Facebook page, be sure to “Like” us there and share your Date Night links!  Your support of your fellow Project marriage participants is so totally awesome and we love you for that!

As always, we have a linky open for you until July 31st to share your Date Night adventures and pictures!

Make sure to take a photo from the evening to link up to our Facebook page!

Click here to enter your Date Night link!

Bloggers: We have a blog hop open below for you to share your date night posts and/or vlogs.  If you could do us a favor by linking back to this marriage challenge in your post and tweet your post with the #projectmarriage hashtag it would really help us spread the word!  Thanks so much!

Non-Bloggers: We most definitely want to hear from you too!  If you’re interested in vlogging, please add your YouTube link to the blog hop, otherwise simply share your story in a comment - we so hope you do!

So what are you waiting for….call the babysitter and start planning your romantic date!  Have fun!

1 Jessica July 1, 2011 at 7:41 am

Fun but it is SO hard not to talk about the kids. We always purposely try not to but it never works. Could you give us some topics ;) ?
Jessica´s last blog post ..My Kids Are the Messiest

2 Life Without Pink July 1, 2011 at 8:07 am

Oh girl I know it’s hard, that’s why it’s such a challenge! BUT great idea. I’ll post something on our fan page today about topics to talk about other than your kids. That will be fun!

3 Mommyfriend July 1, 2011 at 7:47 am

Jessica, it IS hard! I wonder what one arth we’ll talk about too!
Mommyfriend´s last blog post ..July Project Marriage Challenge: Date Night

4 Theta Mom July 1, 2011 at 8:01 am

Love that you and Tina partnered with Bellflower Books. Two great bloggers with a great idea connecting with an amazing brand = perfection.

xoxo
Theta Mom´s last blog post ..Celebrating Two Years at Theta Mom

5 Life Without Pink July 1, 2011 at 8:08 am

Thanks Heather for all of your help! Now you better get planning your date night :)

6 Evonne July 1, 2011 at 8:20 am

I love this challenge! Trying to go out to dinner without the kids can be hard. I am going to a concert next weekend without kids, but I’m not if I want to count that as a date night. Not talking about the kids is going to be the hard part!

I love that you partnered with Bellflower Books. They are awesome!
Evonne´s last blog post ..Fantastically terrifying

7 Life Without Pink July 1, 2011 at 9:43 am

Yes that counts! Anything going to the grocery store, taking a walk, etc. as long as you leave the kids at home its a date! Have fun!

8 Chele July 1, 2011 at 8:45 am

Oh I am so on this! The challenge is not the date night it’s the date night without talking about our children. What in the world will we talk about? LOL
Chele´s last blog post ..#Typeacon is the Feels Like Family Conference

9 Life Without Pink July 1, 2011 at 9:44 am

I know that’s the REAL challenge! I am going to throw up a discussion on facebook to start gathering topics we can chat about, haha.

10 Nikki O July 1, 2011 at 8:46 am

Would love to get a date night in. We’ll try! As for not talking about the kids, well maybe we won’t talk about them as much haha.
Nikki O´s last blog post ..My Brainfart of the Week

11 Life Without Pink July 1, 2011 at 9:44 am

I know that’s so hard…I know my hubby usually talk about the kids the entire time!

12 Galit Breen July 1, 2011 at 9:23 am

Honey? I *love* this! XO
Galit Breen´s last blog post ..The Red Dress Club: A Letter

13 Life Without Pink July 1, 2011 at 9:44 am

I know it’s going to be fun. A real reason to get dressed up!

14 Barbara July 1, 2011 at 9:29 am

Love the challenge but I don’t know if we can go an entire night without talking about the kid. I don’t know what we used to talk about before we had children, but it should be fun giving it a try!
Barbara´s last blog post ..Parenting Pet Peeve

15 Life Without Pink July 1, 2011 at 9:45 am

I know that’s the whole point….trying to focus on the two of you. I am going to try my hardest….I might fail but I’m going to try!

16 robin July 1, 2011 at 9:47 am

My husband and I always find ourselves at restaurants with TVs that we wind up watching :) We suck at date night! Eventually we decided that free time was better spent cleaning the house while the kids were elsewhere.
robin´s last blog post ..nPower PEG (Personal Energy Generator): Pretty Dang Awesome

17 Life Without Pink July 1, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Haha Robin I can totally relate! Girl you def need a date night now!

18 YUMMommy July 1, 2011 at 10:52 am

It’s been years since my husband and I have had a date night.
YUMMommy´s last blog post ..Romance Wednesday: Love Letters

19 Life Without Pink July 1, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Boooo….ok so I expect to see your post soon :) You need one bad {btw me too}!

20 The Mommyologist July 1, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I’d really like to try and get in on this one…though July will be tough. I will see if I can pull it off! I feel like I could make a really funny vlog out of this one.
The Mommyologist´s last blog post ..Melissa Rivers Makes Being Mom Sexy Easier With Shoparatti

21 Life Without Pink July 1, 2011 at 8:09 pm

That’s what I am thinking…totally make a date night video! Come Mommyologist don’t disappoint us!

22 Shannon July 1, 2011 at 9:20 pm

I am all over this! Can’t wait to have a reason to HAVE to have a date night this month ;-) GREAT idea girls.

23 Tina @ Life Without Pink July 2, 2011 at 8:37 am

I know me too! An excuse to get dressed up and go out without the kids!

24 Weekend Cowgirl July 2, 2011 at 11:22 am

What a great idea. Everyone should have a date night whether they have kids or not!!
Weekend Cowgirl´s last blog post ..Cute Cow Sign

25 Losing Brownies July 2, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Gadget Guy and I went on a date night last night! Movie, dinner, fro-yo, and even some alone time. It was amazing to have that time together!

26 Nikki O July 2, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Sounds like a great night!
Nikki O´s last blog post ..Date Night Scheduled

27 Nikki O July 2, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Date night scheduled- almost!
Nikki O´s last blog post ..Date Night Scheduled

28 Just Jennifer July 2, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Oh this is perfect for me and my hubby cuz our wedding anniversary is this month! So I will be back after the 18th to share and link up!
Just Jennifer´s last blog post ..What I Learnt This Week

29 Amanda @ High Impact Mom July 14, 2011 at 11:39 am

I did it!! Hubby & I had our date night last Sunday and lived to tell about it! In fact, we had such a great time and it was so much what we needed we’re committing to doing this once a month…no excuses! Great challenge this month ladies!
Amanda @ High Impact Mom´s last blog post ..Project Marriage: Date Night & Sublime with Rome

30 Jessica Gardner July 17, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Just linked up my post. We had a GREAT time! It was hard to not talk about our kids, but we did it. :) We had the best time ever too!
Jessica Gardner´s last blog post ..Project Marriage: Date Night

31 Just Jennifer July 19, 2011 at 3:57 pm

OK, I’ve posted and linked up my Anniversary Date Night!
Just Jennifer´s last blog post ..Project Marriage Challenge: Date Night