52 Job Titles A Mom Holds

Photo Credit

Being a mom means you need to wear many different hats.  I never imagined all of the roles I would play on a daily basis. No wonder I am completely exhausted and drained by the end of the day.

Here are 52 “job titles” a mom holds on any given day;

23. Search and Rescue {for lost toys}
  24. Champion Tickler
  25. Lifeguard
  26. Daycare Provider
  27. Personal Assistant for the entire family
  28. No-Thumb Sucking Enforcer
  29. Wardrobe Stylist {this may consists of changing your client’s clothes several times a day}
  30. Personal Shopper
  47. Seamstress of Frilly Dresses and Super Hero Costumes
  48. Mrs. Fix-It
  49. Fort Engineer
  50. Stain Removal Expert
  51. Bodyguard
  52. Lady MacGyver

Now think about this list.  I am sure you have done all of these at some point in your “mom career”.

We do this all without vacations, sick days, raises or appraisals.  But you know what? It really is the BEST job in the world!

So what if we’re not paid what we should be. Nothing can take the place of being paid by kisses, hugs and “I Love Yous”.

What other job roles would you add to this list?

Comments

1. says

It really is the best job in the world. I think I’ve done all of those at some point. Thank goodness we don’t have pets because it would make that list even longer!
    Evonne´s last blog post ..Hes got rhythm

2. says

Nodding fervently in a agreement over here. I never realized that when I signed on to be “mom” that I would take on so many other jobs as well. GREAT list. I’ve been every single one of these, in just 2 and a half short years. :)
    Courtney @ The Mommy Matters´s last blog post ..Recovery Weekend

3. says

That is by far the most comprehensive list i’ve even seen! I think i just got a little tired just reading it. haha
    It’s funny, I just posted today about how so many of us moms are always saying there’s just not enough hours in the day for everything we have to do. Look at your list and no wonder we feel that way!

SaucyB’s last blog… A Working Mom’s Lament

4. says

Ummm, does Butt Wiper fall under the potty training category? I kind of think it should have it’s only line since it is such a distinguished job.

Great list, no wonder why I’m tired.

5. says

This list is the reason I have an immense amount of respect and compassion for all the beautiful mommas in my life. Your job never really ends, does it?

But… you do it all very well. :)

6. Kelli says

When I think about we are lucky to see every little thing our children do through out each day!!!! I forgot to mention over half of those little things are funny! And yes, they are lots of work too( I’ve been doing the laundry for 8 years and I’m still not finished! LOL I love when they come to me for anything! I am their protector and it feels good that they know that!

7. says

Being a mom is so hard but it is a worth it when you get to see the smile on thier faces then I dont mind cleaning are any of the job of being a mom

8. Clera says

I have a question for all you mothers out there… I do most of these ( there’s the odd one I fail at terribly..) I have a step-son, but I see him as my own. I take care of him and the house during the week,, he calls me mommy.. I feel like I’m his mom, since I’m the one raising him.. Is there any possibility I can have my parents understand this? Mothers-day is coming up and my parents and I spoke of this the other day where I mentioned how excited I was for my first mothers-day… they completely tore me a new one, telling me he isn’t mine and that I can’t say it’s my mothers-day.. I wasn’t trying to throw my problem on here, but I was hoping I could find a way to have my own parents understant.. it hurts being told the boy you take care of and raise to be a good boy, isn’t yours.. which is true, on paper… in reality it is not.. or am I that wrong?

• Angela_D says

You don’t have to give birth to someone to be their mother. I’m really sorry your parents don’t seem to appreciate your efforts on this little boy’s behalf. Hopefully they recognize you this year.

9. says

* A sitemap to navigate your website is helpful for visitors to access
    main pages. 20 percent of customers have the potential to spend five times
    as much as they do currently A relatively small amount of marketing effort creates the majority of output.
    Reputation Defense Online an around the world Cyber Investigation along with Litigation Assistance Agency for Net Defamation, often receives inquiries from attorneys along
    with law enforcement agencies on the way to subpoena Google’s Legal Division.
    Google´s last blog post ..Google

Trackbacks

1. [...] Mother by Webster’s definition is; “A woman in relation to a child or children to whom she has given birth.” And that is it… in 15 words a mom is summed up. Sorry Mr. Web but you epically failed on this one. I know plenty of moms who have adopted children or have taken children from second marriages into their arms lovingly and they definitely count as moms. I know that moms, even the stay at home types, deserve an entire dictionary devoted to them or at least a long list of synonyms that follow after mom like taxi, doctor, cook, cleaner, teacher, lover, and these 52 other funny jobs listed here. [...]