One More Time

by Tina @ Life Without Pink on April 28, 2011

I quietly sat down on his bed and lowered myself so we were face to face.

His breathing was steady and calm.

I wanted to take this moment to really study him. To remember his tiny nose, perfect skin and long beautiful eyelashes.

I sat on the bed for quite some time as he laid peacefully sleeping.

And I just stared thinking, Where did the time go?

I feel as though his baby years were such a blur.

There isn’t a time that I don’t remember him keeping right up with his bigger brother.

Yet he is still so tiny.

I am sad to think that he will be my last baby and I am trying to soak up the time we have together.

I know years down the line I will look back and want to relive this very moment.

Just one more time.

1 tracy April 28, 2011 at 7:17 am

Oh this is just so beautiful. My mommy heart feels this emotion so strongly every time I look at my children. It goes so fast. xo
tracy´s last blog post ..So that is what eight looks like

2 Tina @ Life Without Pink April 28, 2011 at 8:56 am

I know…at the end of the day it really hits me. They are so sweet and growing so fast, I want to hold on!
Tina @ Life Without Pink´s last blog post ..The Day I Became A Mother

3 Angel April 28, 2011 at 7:28 am

OH I still have those nights where I watch them while they sleep. Thinking how peaceful they look then in comparison to the constant blur they are while they are awake..
Angel´s last blog post ..Easter Egg happiness the joy of family at Easter time

4 Tina @ Life Without Pink April 28, 2011 at 8:57 am

OMG yes!!! During the day its so crazy and the days go by super fast.
Tina @ Life Without Pink´s last blog post ..The Day I Became A Mother

5 Kmama April 28, 2011 at 8:14 am

I completely feel for you. I’m going through that with my youngest right now. He’s 3, but always trying to keep up with his brother who is almost 7. He was always trying to keep up, do more, etc. I feel like his baby years weren’t really spent with him being a baby.

Beautiful post.

6 Tina @ Life Without Pink April 28, 2011 at 8:58 am

Exactly. I always forget how old my youngest really is since he seriously keeps up with his older brother and talks so much. Thanks for the compliment :)
Tina @ Life Without Pink´s last blog post ..The Day I Became A Mother

7 By Word Of Mouth Musings April 28, 2011 at 8:39 am

It flies, it sure does.
Life was keeping us busy with moves around the country with new challenges and a crazy life … and my girls were growing – too fast.
… now I want to stop time, keep them here, with me :(

8 Tina @ Life Without Pink April 28, 2011 at 9:01 am

I know they do grow so fast! Funny w/my first I had a TON of photos and videos of him and with my second not as much. Life sure is crazy but I am trying to soak it up!
Tina @ Life Without Pink´s last blog post ..The Day I Became A Mother

9 Evonne April 28, 2011 at 8:54 am

Beautiful! My son is always trying to keep up with his big sister. He’s most likely our last, so I am always wishing for that one more time.
Evonne´s last blog post ..Our own aviary

10 Tina @ Life Without Pink April 28, 2011 at 9:02 am

Even though life is crazy and a bit stressful at times I know I’ll look back one day and wish I could have them little again :(
Tina @ Life Without Pink´s last blog post ..The Day I Became A Mother

11 Jackie April 28, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I think that every mom can relate to this feeling. In a blink of an eye the time has passed so quickly and they’re teenagers and you wonder what happened and if you’ve missed something.
Jackie´s last blog post ..My Best Friend

12 Rachel {at} Mommy Needs a Vacation April 28, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I often find myself just staring at my children…trying to soak them up as much as possible!!

13 Eve @Beautiful Spit Up April 28, 2011 at 1:34 pm

This is so sweet! I feel the exact same way about my handsome little guy. He is growing waaaay too fast!
Eve @Beautiful Spit Up´s last blog post ..Smart Phones- Not Just For Grown Ups Anymore

14 MommaKiss April 28, 2011 at 1:58 pm

My smallest is 3, almost 4. Every lil thing he’s grown out of, or grown past (like bottles, paci, diapers, etc.) makes me a tiny bit sad I won’t be having another. don’t get me wrong, we’re DONE w/ 2…but those little baby squawks and smells and sizes. Love them.
MommaKiss´s last blog post ..Whos gotta go 2

15 Kir April 28, 2011 at 2:03 pm

ooh, that one got me. I think we all run and run around and when we realize we are, we want to just sit and hold those babies, smell their heads, rememer before they run away from us. This was such a gorgeous piece. Thanks for sharing it with us. No go and breath him in one more time. :)
Kir´s last blog post ..Mama Kats Writing Workshop- Tell Me Something Good

16 Melissa April 28, 2011 at 3:49 pm

You are making me cry. Because I have been going through this a lot lately. I don’t want it to be, but I’m terrified this may be my last one. And I can’t bear to think about it. Do all you mommies feel this way?
Melissa´s last blog post ..lilacs and love

17 C April 28, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Awwww, Tina. This is so very sweet. You are savoring each moment as well as you can and that is a beautiful thing. What a wonderful momma you are :)
C´s last blog post ..Giving the benefit of the doubt

18 Erica April 28, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Oh, this post breaks my heart! I think the same things all the time. I try to cherish each moment because ose mments literally don’t last!

19 Making It Work Mom April 28, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Every couple of months I have a moment when I look at one of my children and think “what happened? When all of sudden did they change from one stage to the next?”
Right now it is my girls. My oldest is all of sudden “developing” and I find myself constantly sucking back a breath when I pause to look at her. My baby just seems to have all her babiness melting away. Now she is all kid.
I miss my babies…

20 Amy April 28, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I have the same thoughts about my kids, too. Especially the oldest who will be in high school next fall. As someone once wisely said, “the days are long, but the years are short.”
Amy´s last blog post ..The anniversary of the moment

21 Tessa May 6, 2011 at 8:24 am

Thanks for the isgniht. It brings light into the dark!

22 Jessica April 28, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Oh I completely agree. My youngest will be 2 in a little over a month and I am already not taking it well. He is supposed to be a BABY and two just isn’t baby enough for me.
Sigh, we will get through it and have great, wonderful boys who love their mommies.
Jessica´s last blog post ..The Hot Seat

23 Stephanie April 28, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I totally do this with my daughter. She is so beautifully peaceful when she is asleep and it calms me to just watch her for a few minutes.

24 Nichole April 30, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Oh, this is so lovely.
What an amazing small moment. :)
Nichole´s last blog post ..Small Moments Spotlight 14

25 Glamamom May 1, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Sweetness. So happy I had the opp to meet the family.
Glamamom´s last blog post ..FENDI KIDS SS 2011 COLLECTION

26 krista May 7, 2011 at 8:28 am

i let those moments slip by too quickly with my first child, i’m determined not to do that again with my second (& last)

27 Leighann May 7, 2011 at 9:11 am

Oh I feel this way too. I stare at my daughter and wonder where time has gone. I can’t believe it goes so fast. I try to soak up ever second of her.