10 Reasons Why I LOVE Myself This Valentine’s Day

by Tina @ Life Without Pink on February 14, 2011

Today I am joining The Mommyologist’s Mom Sexy Valentine’s Day Bash. Mary is always looking for ways for us to feel better about ourselves. So this year for Valentine’s Day,  I decided I would remind myself what I love about ‘me’.

So without further ado here are 10 things I love and appreciate about myself:

1. I am proud that I keep my house fairly neat, it’s probably due to being slightly OCD. Believe me at times I wish I could just let ‘things go’ but I can’t rest until the dishes are away, the clothes are folded and the beds are made. I guess this is a good thing for my husband and kids who I am always picking up after.

2. I can out talk anyone and by out talk I mean I can talk so fast that I will totally lose you in the conversation.

3. I am a kind person. I can make friends with anyone and I believe in never judging someone by the way he/she looks or their background.

4. I still have one of my dresses from high school {I’m really not sure why} but the good news is that I can still fit in it! Maybe I shouldn’t be totally proud but the days that I feel down on myself, I just slip into this dress and for some reason it makes my day a little better.

5. I love to entertain and have a way of making people feel comfortable. Stop over and I’ll pour you a glass of wine, make you something yummy to eat and we can sit out on my patio and enjoy a nice conversation.

6. The other night I was at a bar/restaurant celebrating my sister’s birthday and this guy told me I looked 23! 23 people! That is ten years younger than I really am, that made my entire night!

7. I can do a mean kitchen dance. The boys and I will crank up the music and dance around the kitchen…. and I am not afraid to let loose and shake what my mama gave me!

8. I am a no frills kind of girl. From make-up to hair to getting dressed, in ten minutes flat I’m ready! But I’ve had practice perfecting this since becoming a mother…time is not a luxury you have.

9. I believe in fate, like meeting my husband in the dairy aisle in a local supermarket when I was seventeen years old to reconnecting with old friends that have made me a better person. I truly believe everything happens for a reason.

10. Since becoming a ‘boy mom’, I’ve learned to toughen up a bit and not squeal at the first sight of blood or an eight legged creature. I’ve come a long way in the past five years and proud to be a tough mama!

So now I want to know, what is one thing you LOVE about yourself?

Happy Valentine’s Day!

XOXO

1 Kmama February 14, 2011 at 10:27 am

Those are some great things to be proud of! I think you and I would get along pretty well…aside from the OCD thing (I’m totally NOT) and fitting into a dress from high school.
Kmama´s last blog post ..Hello!

2 Melisa February 14, 2011 at 11:04 am

You have an awesome list! I am still thinking what I love about myself…must be the preggo hormones making my mind draw a blank!

Happy Valentine’s Day!
Melisa´s last blog post ..Stream of Consciousness Sunday- So- Its Valentines

3 Courtney K. February 14, 2011 at 11:47 am

The “kitchen dance” one made me laugh! I do the same thing. I pop in my iPod when I’m cleaning and go to town. The husband thinks it’s hilarious. I’m definitely on my way to becoming a “tough mom” myself. Our son is 2, but he’s already 110% boy…so I’m sure there will be tons of creepy crawlies and blood to go around. Hope you have a great Valentines Day! I stopped by from the “Mom Sexy” bash and I’ll be sticking around! Such a cute site! :-)
Courtney K.´s last blog post ..Yeah- I’m pretty Awesome

4 Losing Brownies February 14, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Amazing things to be proud of! I love that you can fit into clothes from high school! That is awesome!

5 liz February 14, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Hey, if you’re offering wine, I’m there!!

But don’t come to my place cuz it’s not so orderly. :)
liz´s last blog post ..2 vs 3

6 Ashley @ Just Another Mom of 2 February 15, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Ditto on the wine. When do we arrive? :)

7 Life Without Pink February 15, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Oh we are going to have so much fun at Type A!

8 MommyB Knows Best February 14, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Ha ha you are pretty awesome, and so great that you love yourself, rock on momma, and hooray for Type-A, OCD mommas like us!
MommyB Knows Best´s last blog post ..Momnesia Mondays- Romance

9 AdrienneMay February 14, 2011 at 4:06 pm

great post. We, often mothers are the worst, sometimes forget that in order to best love anyone else, we need to love ourselves first!
AdrienneMay´s last blog post ..Family meeting and date night

10 Cluttered Brain February 14, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Sometimes i wish I was more OCD. Then maybe my house would be cleaner.
But instead I write and comment on blogs and make CRAZY videos of myself…lol.
Love the fact that you met your hubby in the dairy aisle…and that you are a no frills kinda gal…youa re ready to go in 10 mins..
and that you let loose in the kitchen with your dance moves…
you should record yourself sometime and post it on your blog…
Love ya!
Happy Valentine’s DAY!
Cluttered Brain´s last blog post ..GRRRRRR! I cant take it anymore!!!!!!!!

11 The Mommyologist February 14, 2011 at 4:52 pm

What an awesome list!!! I was so excited to see that you had linked up!! Rock that dress girl…that really is the BEST feeling. Are you wearing it for a Valentine’s date tonight?? Thanks so much for coming to my bash!!
The Mommyologist´s last blog post ..Mom Sexy Valentine’s Day Bash- 10 Reasons Why I Love Myself

12 This Wife Don't Cook February 14, 2011 at 7:08 pm

One thing I love about myself is that I can pool and actually win. It’s most fun when I beat a guy who feels insecure about losing to a woman :-) tee hee!
This Wife Don’t Cook´s last blog post ..Social Media Overload

13 Megan (Best of Fates) February 14, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Those are all fantastic things – you’re awesome, well done!

I love that I bought sorbetto yesterday, so that I can eat some now that I’m craving it. I’m brilliant like that.
Megan (Best of Fates)´s last blog post ..Skye’s On Her Face

14 blueviolet @ A Nut in a Nutshell February 14, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I’m no frills too! You sound so wonderful. I can’t wait to meet you some day!

15 Mom Went Crazy February 14, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I’m so jealous you can still fit into a high school dress.
But you should totally feel great about it!! I’m just able to zip up my pre pregnancy jeans and that makes me feel GREAT. I understand completely

16 Making It Work Mom February 14, 2011 at 11:09 pm

We also love to get our groove on in the kitchen! What is it about the kitchen that makes you want to DANCE??
I love that I take the time to remember the little things about people. Like if you have a preference for a certain drink, or were waiting for news about something special, or had a special or not so special event coming up. It makes me happy to see people’s face light up by something so little.

17 Rachel {at} Mommy Needs a Vacation February 15, 2011 at 12:34 am

LOVE your list!!!
Rachel {at} Mommy Needs a Vacation´s last blog post ..Single Parenthood

18 Kimberly February 15, 2011 at 6:42 am

Love your list…especially #9….and I wish I had a bit more OCD. I have a mild case, but not enough to really keep this place picked up all the time. My OCD starts and ends with the dishwasher.
Kimberly´s last blog post ..I Am Kick-Ass Lovable

19 Melissa {adventuroo} February 15, 2011 at 8:29 am

Awesome list and makes me all that more excited to meet you at Type A cause we have so much in common (well except the bed thing but you’ve motivated me to do better with that because YES I do seem like the type of person who makes up their bed).

Holy run on sentence, Batman!

Anyway, I like the fact that I am crafty. I’ve never been an artist but give me some paper and glue and I love putting stuff together!
Melissa {adventuroo}´s last blog post ..Drum Roll Please…

20 Michelle February 15, 2011 at 9:29 am

Great list!

6) Made me laugh! When we were at a piano bar celebrating my birthday last week a guy was trying to get me to dance, I politely told him no thank you but he was persistant so my friend told him I was married, I finally pushed him off on one of my very bubbly and outgoing friends who would dance with him so he would give up. Afterwards he came up to my hubby and told him he didn’t think he was my hubby because he looked 10 years older than me (he’s 2.5 years older than me). The guy thought I was 21 or 22 and I’m 29! Worst part is hubby looks his age. We were all cracking up!

21 SaucyB February 15, 2011 at 4:38 pm

That’s great. And you can totally pass for 23. As for being able to fit into a dress from high school, i’m flat out in awe. My top rack and trunk have definitely expanded since then. haha

SaucyB’s last blog… High-Waisted Jeans: High Fashion or Hot Mess?

22 Tina @ Life Without Pink February 16, 2011 at 8:23 am

Now I dont mind looking 23! Yeah my trunk expanded too…I didnt say how easily it was to squeeze into it :)

23 Glamamom February 16, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Okay, you fit in a dress from high school?! I am BEYOND jealous! :) Girl, you are so lovely, kind doesn’t even begin to describe it. Hope you and the huz had a great V Day.
Glamamom´s last blog post ..THE COINCIDENCE

24 kaybee February 16, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I believe in fate as well. Everything definitely happens for a reason, even if you don’t see it right away.

Oh, and any time you want to be OCD at my place, feel free to stop on by. :)
kaybee´s last blog post ..What I Love About Me

25 Charlotte February 17, 2011 at 1:57 pm

When I think of you, number 5 always comes to mind :) I have always imagined you to be as gracious a person in real life as you are in the bloggy world.

And that is awesome you were mistaken for 23! Go you, hot momma!

Hmmm… what one thing do I love about myself? My passion and zest for life. It was dormant for awhile and I’m glad to see the mojo has returned :)

26 Sarah at the Stroller Ballet February 18, 2011 at 2:43 pm

How amazing that you can still fit into a dress from high school!! Love it. I also have a slight case of OCD and have difficulty resting until everything is done, as well. I think it’s a good thing ;)

27 つみもす August 6, 2013 at 8:18 am

This particular great blog is really engaging and besides redirecting. We’ve chosen plenty of fascin