Holiday Slow Down

The holidays are insane! Trying to manage my every day responsibilities like school drop offs, cleaning, cooking, chasing after kids and then throw in the holidays and a few social media projects I’m working on – I tell you I’m on overload.

Yesterday, I tired to sneak away for a few minutes to finish up some work when I heard screaming coming from the other room. I went running in to find this;

Yes my 2 yr old managed to smash his face on a corner wall and it left a very lovely bruise….right in time for the holidays. Isn’t that always the way?

Poor guy was a trooper and barely cried…I tell you if I had a bruise on my face and chin like that I would be screaming!

Since this time of the year is crazy, I decided I am not going to stress myself out with keeping up. If I manage to squeeze in another blog post then great but if not I’m not going to beat myself up.

I’ve learned it is not worth it.

I might even steal Melissa’s idea and make a few homemade ornaments with the kids. Perfect gift for the Grandparents and of course the kids will love getting messy.

I’ll be around, but for the next few days I’m going to soak up time with my family. It’s a special time of the year and I don’t want it to pass by me.

Happy Holidays!

Comments

1. says

I loved the homemade ornaments that Melissa posted. I want to do them! I’m so jealous your husband gets the whole week off. I wish mine did. He gets Christmas Eve off because Christmas is on a Saturday, but at least it’s one extra day!

2. says

Totally with you. I’m at my mother’s house dealing with a lot and can’t seem to get to my laptop to write all the posts I had planned out. Holidays are always cazy! Enjoy your time with your family and hope that bruise goes away soon!

3. says

The holidays- especially with kids our kids’ ages!- can be so insanely hectic. It’s hard to step back, breathe, and enjoy the moments sometimes. My daughter is forever ending up with scratches and whatnot right before picture moments too- right now, she has one on her chin, of course! I hope you have an amazing holiday- and post pictures of the ornaments!
    .-= Ashley @ Just Another Mom of 2´s last blog ..Ho Ho Holiday Swap- Christmas Magic =-.

4. says

Yu’re so right.

We’re down for the count with the flu. Everyone all over the living room under blankets.

Had to make peace with the fact that the house isn’t ready, no time for cookies, etc.

That’s alright..we’re together…

Hope baby boy is better soon!

5. says

EXCELLENT! Enjoy!!!

6. says

“I’m going to enjoy the time with my hubby, who is off of work for an entire week, and my boys. We plan on baking cookies, watching some of our favorite Christmas movies and we still have lots wrapping and cooking to do.” EXCELLENT! Enjoy!!!