Holiday Slow Down

by Tina @ Life Without Pink on December 21, 2010

The holidays are insane! Trying to manage my every day responsibilities like school drop offs, cleaning, cooking, chasing after kids and then throw in the holidays and a few social media projects I’m working on – I tell you I’m on overload.

Yesterday, I tired to sneak away for a few minutes to finish up some work when I heard screaming coming from the other room. I went running in to find this;

Yes my 2 yr old managed to smash his face on a corner wall and it left a very lovely bruise….right in time for the holidays. Isn’t that always the way?

Poor guy was a trooper and barely cried…I tell you if I had a bruise on my face and chin like that I would be screaming!

Since this time of the year is crazy, I decided I am not going to stress myself out with keeping up. If I manage to squeeze in another blog post then great but if not I’m not going to beat myself up.

I’ve learned it is not worth it.

I might even steal Melissa’s idea and make a few homemade ornaments with the kids. Perfect gift for the Grandparents and of course the kids will love getting messy.

I’ll be around, but for the next few days I’m going to soak up time with my family. It’s a special time of the year and I don’t want it to pass by me.

Happy Holidays!

1 Theta Mom December 21, 2010 at 9:09 am

I am so with you! I am unplugging for a bit as well and looking forward to the well deserved break!

Merry Christmas!!

2 gigi December 21, 2010 at 9:22 am

Sounds like the perfect plan! Hope that scrape heals in time for Christmas. Happy holidays, Tina!
.-= gigi´s last blog ..Snowball Cookies with a surprise! – Holiday Baking with KludgyMom =-.

3 liz December 21, 2010 at 9:30 am

At least it didn’t require stitches. There’s always an upside, right? :)

4 brittney December 21, 2010 at 9:55 am

aww bless his heart!
Enjoy your holidays, dont stress over blogging we will all be here when you get back! :) the break is needed sometimes lol
.-= brittney´s last blog ..Mama &amp Bailey =-.

5 Glamamom December 21, 2010 at 10:54 am

Poor little guy. That IS always the way. My son had a black eye for Thanksgiving. Boys.

Happy Holidays Love!! Enjoy the time with your family!! HUG
.-= Glamamom´s last blog ..WEEKEND RECAP- SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND =-.

6 Losing Browneis December 21, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I loved the homemade ornaments that Melissa posted. I want to do them! I’m so jealous your husband gets the whole week off. I wish mine did. He gets Christmas Eve off because Christmas is on a Saturday, but at least it’s one extra day!

7 Yuliya December 21, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Ouch! Poor guy. Sounds like Christmas cookies is just what the doctor ordered.
.-= Yuliya´s last blog ..The Joy of Less =-.

8 Shell December 21, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Oh, your poor little one!

9 Anne December 21, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Totally with you. I’m at my mother’s house dealing with a lot and can’t seem to get to my laptop to write all the posts I had planned out. Holidays are always cazy! Enjoy your time with your family and hope that bruise goes away soon!

10 Justin Germino December 21, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Poor kid, my 4 year old hit my 7 year old with a PVC pipe in the yard yesterday causing a welt around his right eye. Holidays don’t seem to have a slow down here, everything is always so hectic
.-= Justin Germino´s last blog ..Are You an Askable Blogger =-.

11 Rachel {at} Mommy Needs a Vacation December 21, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Poor guy!! My kids have been wrestling and literally beating each other up. I love how you are going to soak them up!!
.-= Rachel {at} Mommy Needs a Vacation´s last blog ..Family Christmas Santa Dinner Gone Wrong =-.

12 Ashley @ Just Another Mom of 2 December 22, 2010 at 8:44 pm

The holidays- especially with kids our kids’ ages!- can be so insanely hectic. It’s hard to step back, breathe, and enjoy the moments sometimes. My daughter is forever ending up with scratches and whatnot right before picture moments too- right now, she has one on her chin, of course! I hope you have an amazing holiday- and post pictures of the ornaments!
.-= Ashley @ Just Another Mom of 2´s last blog ..Ho Ho Holiday Swap- Christmas Magic =-.

13 Melissa {adventuroo} December 22, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Oh poor guy! Little Roo has a scratch under his eye right now in time for holidays too. What is it with these boys?
Thanks for the shout out! We’ll be taking it easy this next week too. Enjoy it and Merry Christmas!
.-= Melissa {adventuroo}´s last blog ..Easy Homemade Ornaments for Kids =-.

14 Alexandra December 22, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Yu’re so right.

We’re down for the count with the flu. Everyone all over the living room under blankets.

Had to make peace with the fact that the house isn’t ready, no time for cookies, etc.

That’s alright..we’re together…

Hope baby boy is better soon!

15 Wendy Hagen December 23, 2010 at 2:32 pm

EXCELLENT! Enjoy!!!

16 Tanisha Mills December 28, 2010 at 11:47 pm

“I’m going to enjoy the time with my hubby, who is off of work for an entire week, and my boys. We plan on baking cookies, watching some of our favorite Christmas movies and we still have lots wrapping and cooking to do.” EXCELLENT! Enjoy!!!