The Magic of Christmas

Already this year is turning out to be the best holiday season so far. It has a lot to do with the fact that my 4 1/2 year is at the perfect age and truly believes in everything about Christmas from Buddy the Elf, Reindeer that appear in our backyard to Santa…it is so much fun!

Last weekend we took our second trip to the Strasburg Railroad {Lancaster, PA} to board Santa’s Paradise Express. The last few months, my boys have really shown an interest in trains and they are always excited for the opportunity to ride on a real one.

This time of the year is so special.

Santa himself climbed on board and stopped to say hi to each of the families as we traveled down the tracks. Not only do the kids get to see Santa but he also gives them a special little treat which the boys still treasure.

There is something so magical about seeing your child’s eyes light up when they see Santa. Both boys were in awe of the big guy and they talked about meeting him all afternoon.

When I see how excited they are it literally makes me want to cry inside. A happy, proud cry of course.

The holidays are all about the family…starting family traditions, giving back to our community, visiting friends and family….I absolutely love everything about it.

The day that the boys don’t believe in Santa anymore, I’m going to be devastated.

But for now, I am soaking up every moment I can with them and I love seeing the world through their eyes.

The day was absolutely perfect and a great way to kick off the holiday season!

Comments

1. says

Looks like so much fun! I dont like to get into too much Christmas stuff until after my sons b-day so he can feel special but he would SO have loved a train ride!!

I am so excited for the holidays this year because the kids are at the PERFECT age to get really excited about everything!

LOVE the photos!
    .-= Devan @ Accustomed Chaos´s last blog ..Gluten Free Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Marshmallow Cookies just like Viva Puff Cookies =-.

2. says

I love the pic of Santa. I wish we had something like that around here. Who says they have to stop believing in the magic of Santa? When they get too big then explain that the truth is he is about love. The love of one for another and the desire to see them happy. That is a magic that can occur everyday if we try not just once a year
    .-= Angel´s last blog ..My 3 words =-.

3. says

I honestly cannot wait until my little guy is old enough to go to the railroad. He’s obsessed with trains, but at 15 months he’s currently just a little weary of Santa. I love watching kids just light up when it becomes this time of year, and I know it will be so exciting when we get to be a part of that magic.

4. says

I wish we had something like that here. Little Man LOVES trains and this year is right into Santa. He asked me the other day to phone Santa so we did. He is always plugging in our tree and staring at it. This is the first year he is all about Christmas and I love it. We need to cherish every moment as before we know it they will no longer believe.
    .-= Nolie´s last blog ..All About Nolie – Day 18 =-.

5. says

My 4-year-old woke me up this morning to tell me that Santa’s reindeer were in our backyard. Funny to hear other boys notice the same thing.
    We took the boys to the Strasburg Railroad this past summer. They loved it, but I bet it’s even better at Christmas time!

6. Jaksgirl says

Christmas really is all about the joy in a childs eyes or theirs squeal of delight when they see Santa isn’t it? Boys do squeal too for the record, that’s not reserved for little girls… or was that just at my house (when my boys were younger)?
    We have to take the time to soak up the moments with our children and all our loved ones, don’t let them slip away!
    Thanks for sharing your heartwarming moments!

7. says

That train ride looks like SO much fun. What a blast. There is something about Christmas with kids that makes it all the more magical. We have a little train here in Los Angeles that takes the kids on a ride to go see Santa. We may just have to try it. Unfortunately my 8 year old has figured out that all these Santas at the malls and parties and on trains are just different people dressed up to look like Santa. It was a VERY sad day when she told me she knew Santa wasn’t real. I figure we have one year left with my 6 yr old!

8. says

Oh, what fun! Before we moved from Arkansas we also had the treat available to us of riding on a Christmas train ride with Santa. My boys LOVED it, especially my 2 yr old. Even though he was only 1 1/2 the first time he rode, he still remembers it and asks to go for a ride on the train!

I’m looking forward to finding new holiday traditions to partake in our new town of Minneapolis!

9. says

How fun! I love that look of awe and excitment in their eyes when they see Santa. My youngest still has it, my oldest not so much. Oh well, I guess they have to grow up whether you want them too or not.

10. says

My boys would ADORE that. Wish we had something like that in San Diego!

Nobody ever told me (before I had children) these little moments with kids would be so magical, but also how hard it can be to experience disappointment for them and watch them learn “real life.” Like Santa. When my boys stop believing, I will be so sad.

I guess we have to enjoy it while we can, right?! :)
    .-= Ginger´s last blog ..The problem with fairy dust… =-.

Trackbacks