The Sabotage Of First Day Photos

by Tina @ Life Without Pink on September 8, 2010

It was the first day of school and I did what every good mom would do; I took a few photos of my son before he headed off for his big day.

And my boys did what boys do best, they made a funny face in every photo just to drive their mom nuts!

Case in point; the little guy thinking he is funny by sticking his tongue out at the last second;

Big A makes it look so painful to smile;

Getting their photo taken with Mom Mom and Poppy and both boys try to be funny once again;

Here is Big A trying to ruin a photo with me;

Now its Little B’s turn;

But finally I was able to get one good photo with my preschooler;

It might be the one and only photo I get with him where he is not making a silly face.

Gotta love boys!

1 Lesley September 8, 2010 at 7:20 am

Ah Boys…..it never fails….and I think in most of them…the tongue is out in some capacity…..Happy First Day of School!!!
.-= Lesley´s last blog ..With Baby Legs =-.

2 Rose September 8, 2010 at 7:28 am

Lol! Adorable, you do gotta love boys ;D

3 julia September 8, 2010 at 7:56 am

how cute!! i can’t wait for those school days. and why are pictures of kids so hard to get!!!

that last one is cute!
.-= julia´s last blog ..Must-Have- Non-burned Cookies =-.

4 Jackie September 8, 2010 at 8:07 am

Cute! But just so ya know…. girls do it too!! Or maybe it’s just my girls… who knows! Hope that the first day went well!

5 Angel September 8, 2010 at 8:27 am

Lmbo my boys learned that the quicker they stay straight faced the quicker I leave them alone… it only took 10 years lol
.-= Angel´s last blog ..What I meant to say minus my teen and with a new button =-.

6 Michelle @ Mommy Loves Stilettos September 8, 2010 at 9:25 am

LOL! So cute :)
.-= Michelle @ Mommy Loves Stilettos´s last blog ..StepDad =-.

7 Melissa {adventuroo} September 8, 2010 at 10:16 am

Oh boys! Love how the expressions change from pic to pic. They ARE cute though!
.-= Melissa {adventuroo}´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday- Who Do You Think Won =-.

8 Michelle September 8, 2010 at 10:24 am

Taking good photos with more than 1 person in it is challenging. When it was just B I was usually able to snap a good shot or two. Now with a family of 5 getting a shot where all of us look good is nearly impossible!

9 Catherine September 8, 2010 at 10:32 am

Well at least they are still adorable even with their silly faces!

10 gigi September 8, 2010 at 11:23 am

The boys only get worse with their weird faces as they get older, too! I do a yearly calendar with photos of my kids for each month, and I’ve decided to embrace the weird faces and do a whole month that’s nothing but THOSE photos! :)

hope they had a great first day!
.-= gigi´s last blog ..When The President Speaks- Should Children Listen =-.

11 Suzanne @ Mommy Moves Again September 8, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Funny, I thought of you when I started adding pink to my blog!! Yes, school started here last week! Those pictures are all precious, you’ll love ‘em in a couple of years, shows their true “colors!” ;)

12 Jennifer @ The Mommy Mambo September 8, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Even with the silly faces they are still totally handsome! Hope they had a great first day!
Boys!! They really are more animal than girls are….
.-= Jennifer @ The Mommy Mambo´s last blog ..Dumb Summer Photos =-.

13 Stacy September 8, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Oh, I love those photos! They are absolutely precious – and all boy! I’m so glad that you shared them! :)
.-= Stacy´s last blog ..Make Money When You and Your Friends Shop Review =-.

14 Tammy @ Not Just Paper and Glue September 8, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Really, all of the photos are great because they tell the story of the first day of school. Love it!

15 one cluttered brain September 8, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Ahh cute photes.
And yes, that’s what they say, boys will be boys. I wouldn’t know however. I only have girls…lol.

AND I had to deal with the consequences…My three old cut her hair today.

Please a moment of silence.

Thank you.
UGH.
Maybe boys would be better….SIGH.
.-= one cluttered brain´s last blog ..Saturday and a call for WINNERS! =-.

16 Devan @ Accustomed Chaos September 8, 2010 at 2:40 pm

The photos are all so cute!! Boys are so fun!!
.-= Devan @ Accustomed Chaos´s last blog ..Wordless- First Day At School =-.

17 L. Eleana September 8, 2010 at 2:56 pm

That’s hilarious! They are sooo funny. Cute pics!
.-= L. Eleana´s last blog ..No Boobies in School! =-.

18 Young Wife September 8, 2010 at 2:58 pm

My brothers are now grown men, and they still do that!

19 Missy @ Wonder, Friend September 8, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Oh, yes. We had a very similar experience yesterday. The pictures I got were hilarious – not a single one had both boys behaving at the same time.

What is it with children, boys in particular, not being able to stand still and look normal for 22 seconds?! ;)
.-= Missy @ Wonder, Friend´s last blog ..Wonder Why Wednesday- Routine Edition =-.

20 Jessica September 8, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Hilarious! I guess that they, in their own way, wanted to put their own personal “touch” on things. Hahaha.
-Jessica
.-= Jessica´s last blog ..Taking the less is more approach =-.

21 Melissa (Confessions of a Dr.Mom) September 8, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Yes, boys love to make those funny faces don’t they? Still…they look so cute. Hope your preschooler had a great day!
.-= Melissa (Confessions of a Dr.Mom)´s last blog ..My Fish- My Fish =-.

22 Glamamom September 8, 2010 at 10:49 pm

hahaha! well, at least they have great personalities! they’re going to love having these shots when they’re adults. good job mama. these are way better than the standard poses :)
.-= Glamamom´s last blog ..WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT =-.

23 Charlotte September 8, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Your boys are too cute. LOL!!! Hope they had a great first day at school :)
.-= Charlotte´s last blog ..in honor of women of achievement month =-.

24 Shell September 8, 2010 at 11:12 pm

LOL BOYS!!!!

My oldest gave me dirty looks, like he’s already too cool for first-day pics.

And my middle stuck a finger in the corners of his mouth and pulled it wide and stuck out his tongue in every. single. pic.
.-= Shell´s last blog ..Pour Your Heart Out- A Glass of Hurt Feelings =-.

25 brooke September 9, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Thanks for the comment love! I just spent some quality time at your blog today…it’s a small blogging world :)

I’m smitten by your adorable boys! I have two girls (13 months and 9 months…yes, four months apart…it’s a long story) my hubby and I are already scoping out prospects for them :)

We should do a blog swap…Life Without Pink meets My Double Dose of Pepto Pink Life! hahaha!

Look forward to reading more posts.

Brooke

26 Sandra September 10, 2010 at 12:17 am

Wait! Was that my kid making those faces in YOUR pictures? “Cause I could have sworn that was my kid!…well, it’s hard to tell when the little gremlins all insist on doing that. It’s the age. I think they outgrow it by, like age, 42…something like that.
.-= Sandra´s last blog ..The story of uscest pour toi Isa! =-.

27 CK October 14, 2010 at 4:01 am

These are SOOOOOOO cute! I’m glad you can see the humor in them! It drives me nuts when my boy doesn’t smile at the camera, but runs away instead!

-CK

28 Kerri October 14, 2010 at 9:08 am

LOL! But it’s so hard to get mad at them when they are so CUTE!
.-= Kerri´s last blog ..Sunday and My Hubby =-.

29 Jennifer October 14, 2010 at 10:06 am

Sister I have to tell you that this is not just boys. Girls do it too, but they have the “cutesy” poses where they think they look like a model, but they really just look like a freak.
.-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Jodi and Jennifer on babysitting =-.

30 Missy October 14, 2010 at 6:24 pm

What is about boys and photos? LOL
My oldest did the same thing on his first day.

31 viviene October 14, 2010 at 7:49 pm

hahhaha.. oh my gosh.. your boys are ADORABLE!

Big A and Little B…. you made my day!!!!
.-= viviene´s last blog ..If I had more time- I would… =-.