Friday Favorites No. 7

by Tina @ Life Without Pink on July 23, 2010

If you need more info about Friday Favorites, read THIS.

But it is pretty simple. Write a post with your favorite reads from the week, grab my button and link up!

If you didn’t get a chance to write your post, no worries just link up YOUR favorite post from your personal blog.

My blog reader never disappoints. I always find it hard to narrow down my favorite picks of the week but here are a few that I wanted to share.

1. I don’t know about you but this hot weather is really getting to me.  I recently came across this yummy Lemon Ice Sorbet recipe from The Idea Room and my mouth was watering!

2. Think back to when you first started blogging or maybe this has happened to you recently….where you fell in love with a blogger {not in a psycho, stalker-ish way} but just had a great admiration for them. You supported them in every way possible just hoping they would reciprocate once….and NADA!

If this has happened to you then you have to read Unrequited Love written by Kludgy Mom.

3. Are you in the summer funk yet? Kids are bored, you are tired? Well if so check out The Doldrums of Summer by A Beautiful Mess. She compiles a list of ideas to help you get through these last few weeks of summer.

4. I am totally in love with the blog Adventuroo – Melissa is so talented! She challenged herself to do a Week in the Life project last week where she documented every.single.day. You go girl!

5. Stacey from The Blessed Nest took a blogging break and realized it was good for her soul.  I think we can all relate to going through this at one point or another.

6. Layla from The Lettered Cottage received a random act of kindness in her mailbox. A sweet handwritten letter;

How cool is that? You have to not only check out her story but the video that she found from the company. Amazing and so inspirational!

The sweet Melissa from Diary of a New Mom gave me the Sunshine Award. Thank you so much!

I thought it would be fun to play along but I am going to cheat a bit. I’m just going to name 10 things about myself…..maybe you will learn something new about me :)

1. I once had lunch with Mr. T {thinking of turning this into a blog story…what do you think}?
  2. My Grandfather played professional baseball
  3. My hubby and I have been together for 14 years
  4. I am the oldest out of three kids
  5. My hubby and I tried out for a reality show once
  6. I have a fear of the ocean
  7. I live on 3+ acres
  8. I love reality tv {seriously I have an addiction}
  9. I deep down wish I was a crafty person but I don’t have a “crafty” bone in my body
  10. My family is being faced with a hard decision and we will find out today what happens. Depending on which way it goes I may or may not blog about it. It could make some good blog material.

Remember today is the last day to vote for your favorite lady to win the title of “Not Mom of the Year”. We will be announcing our winner on Monday!

Oh this week I am going to participate in Friday Follow…I thought it would be nice change to find a few new blogs….you can join in too!

Have a safe weekend and happy blog reading!

1 blueviolet July 23, 2010 at 6:54 am

You caught my interest with 3 of them this week. Thanks!
.-= blueviolet´s last blog ..Skinny Jeans on Men – Like or Not Like =-.

2 The Mommyologist July 23, 2010 at 7:13 am

Hope that everything is ok with your family!! These sound like great posts and I will check them out!

3 Semi-Slacker Mom July 23, 2010 at 7:19 am

Thanks for sharing. I’m going to make me so new blog friends! I need to read the Mr. T story! I pity the fool!
.-= Semi-Slacker Mom´s last blog ..Finally Friday! =-.

4 Suzanne @ Mommy Moves Again July 23, 2010 at 7:33 am

Hey Tina! Work has taken me away from the mommy blogs, but I wanted to drop by and say hello! I’m linking up to you today and hope you get a little chuckle from the post I linked…those kids of mine…

Husband and I? 15 years! Hooray!

Have a great day and weekend! :)

5 Theta Mom July 23, 2010 at 8:40 am

Looking forward to checking these out! Have a great weekend girl!

6 Melissa {adventuroo} July 23, 2010 at 9:06 am

So honored to be featured this week– rock on! I knew all that Week in the Life hard work would pay off- haha. Thanks for the shout out! (by the way, I promise to participate in Fri Faves again. I had MAJOR internet issues this week and in behind with work and lots of other things- ack!)
.-= Melissa {adventuroo}´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday- My Archnemesis =-.

7 gigi July 23, 2010 at 9:11 am

Aw, thanks for the shout out!!! It made my day…had a tough bloggy day yesterday and trying to pick up the pieces today and move forward!

I’m a total reality show addict myself. Perhaps will need to Twitter about that sometime :)
.-= gigi´s last blog ..Friday Flip-Offs- 7-23 Edition =-.

8 Nolie July 23, 2010 at 11:25 am

I LOVE reality tv. What show did you guys try out for?
.-= Nolie´s last blog ..Inner Child Never Dies =-.

9 Alexandra July 23, 2010 at 2:52 pm

love finding new blogs…thank you! on my way.

10 Devan @ Accustomed Chaos July 23, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Love finding new blogs! Will be popping over to read these soon.

If you ever need an ear – I hope you know i am good at keeping secrets & a great listener – if you ever need to vent or whatev’s I am here for you love ♥
.-= Devan @ Accustomed Chaos´s last blog ..Accustomed Chaos is Heading To NYC &amp BlogHer =-.

11 Alisha July 23, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Man, I am going to have to make that Lemon Ice. I had to look it up immediately. Sounds amazing. I’m the oldest out of 3 kids, too! :)
.-= Alisha´s last blog ..The Biggest Loser – Week 1 =-.

12 Uyen July 23, 2010 at 5:15 pm

what a cute blog. I love it and will follow too! Stopping by from Follow-Friday…have a great weekend.
.-= Uyen´s last blog ..friday-follow me! 7-23-2010 =-.

13 debbie July 24, 2010 at 1:07 am

I’m off to read unrequited love. I still can’t stand it when a blogger never returns my visits!
.-= debbie´s last blog ..Here Birdie- Birdie- Birdie =-.

14 Amanda July 25, 2010 at 10:23 am

Nice collection. That lemon sorbet looks lekker (which is to say, delicious).
.-= Amanda´s last blog ..Places Around Maastricht- Koestraat =-.