Four year old for sale, any takers?

by Tina @ Life Without Pink on June 27, 2010

I have heard from many people about how horrible the terrible twos were but we seemed to pass that stage with flying colors. Big A was actually pretty good. Always listened, could occupy himself from time to time and was quite pleasant.

Then came the threes. It was a little rough, but we managed to get through it and honestly it wasn’t all that bad.

But the fours! Why didn’t anyone tell me? This stage is by far the hardest one for me.

Why?

Well Big A;

• Doesn’t listen. You can call his name a thousand times and he won’t respond {unless it is Daddy calling him}.
  • Hates to eat. Seriously he only wants JUNK food. He sits at the dinner for a hour each night and won’t touch his meal. Refuses to eat fruits and veggies. Hates lunch.
  • Ends up in our bed every night.
  • Has OCD {ok maybe my fault}. He will freak out if you move his toys even the slightest inch.
  • He has to win everything! Even walking down the steps he has to be the first one down or he will freak out.
  • Has no attention span. Try sitting and doing something with him. Literally after five minutes he is done.
  • Will never let you get a word in. He talks and talks and talks. Sometimes I think he just likes hearing his own voice.
  • Is a little negotiator. His favorite line, “….how’s that deal?” Usually pertains to something in his favor.
  • Is always beating up Little B.
  • Gets super excited over the littlest things…see what I mean:

But really he is a sweet, fun loving, and spirited little boy.

Bidding starts now….

1 Catherine June 27, 2010 at 10:40 am

Maddy went to bed very late last night and woke up early this morning and subsequently is in a terrible mood. So while I’d love to bid of Big A, I’m actually contemplating auctioning off my own child this morning.
.-= Catherine ´s last blog ..Sourdough =-.

2 Kristin @ Ellie-Town June 27, 2010 at 10:47 am

First, that picture is awesome.

Second, four better get better. It has to. Our terrible 2′s started at 18 months and it’s been like a freaky roller coaster ride ever since. Some days are wonderful, others are a nightmare. Everyone told me it gets better at 4! They better not be lying!!!!
.-= Kristin @ Ellie-Town´s last blog ..Happy Sunday =-.

3 Evonne June 27, 2010 at 11:05 am

I would love to take you up on your offer if it wasn’t for the fact that you described my son to a T. My daughter is 8 and I’ve never had problems with her, except for now when her brother bothers her.

I wish someone warned me about 4.
.-= Evonne´s last blog ..Prom – Take 2 =-.

4 Elizabeth @ Confessions From A Working Mom June 27, 2010 at 12:34 pm

Oh my goodness, that picture!! LOL. I’ve heard from a lot of moms that 3 is worse than 2… my daughter is only 21 months, though, and she’s already got me scared of her sassy attitude sometimes! I got what I wished for, though; a kid with a larger-than-life personality!
.-= Elizabeth @ Confessions From A Working Mom´s last blog ..A Post My Male Readers Will Love =-.

5 Alisha June 27, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Hahaha! I KNOW how you feel! Do you think they’ll respond to a BOGO offer on this?
My 4 year old is quite a package, too. What I wanna know is how they drive you to screaming and crying in the daytime, then they’re all sweet and snuggly at night and we mommies forget earlier. I want that kind of mind control!
.-= Alisha´s last blog ..Piano Therapy =-.

6 Dondi June 27, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Oh how I would love to bid on Big A but we are in the throws of this right now too. I heard that story too – that terrible 2′s are the worst. So not true. Our “terribles” all started at 3 1/2. Our middle one is now 6 & just now getting over it. Our youngest turns 4 this week so we’ve got a LONGGGG way to go. And they’re both girls so then we get to go through those teenage years. I may cry.

7 Tylaine June 27, 2010 at 3:14 pm

If you learn any secrets on how to deal with this wonderful stage of life please let me know. We’re also dealing with the terrible 6′s right now too. :) So far my 18 month old hasn’t caught the bug but I can definately see a budding drama queen coming through. :)

8 living the Scream June 27, 2010 at 4:47 pm

I have a 4 year old daughter that has many of those same quality’s right now! I also find myself thinking that the fours are worse than the two’s!

9 Michelle June 27, 2010 at 8:24 pm

B is all boy and was a very energetic toddler. He started the terrible two’s early. His most challenging year for me as a mom was 18 months to 2.5. He has calmed down every year since 2.5. B was actually a pretty fun 3 and 4 year old. I guess all kids are different.

Hubby said Wyn didn’t have much terrible two’s but was pretty terrible at three, throwing tantrums, biting, and having hour long screaming fits every night at bed.

I hope for your sanity this phase passes quickly!

10 Rachel {at} Mommy Needs a Vacation June 28, 2010 at 2:19 am

You are describing my 3 year old to a T! What the hell? I thought when she turned 4 it would get easier???? How you take mine and I’ll take yours for something new and fresh?
.-= Rachel {at} Mommy Needs a Vacation´s last blog ..Recipe of the Week- Old School Tacos =-.

11 Melisa June 28, 2010 at 8:20 am

Um…I am dealing with all that behavior and my son is only 16 months going on 17. This does not bode well for me, does it?
.-= Melisa´s last blog ..Just Say No =-.

12 nicole June 28, 2010 at 3:54 pm

My juju will be 4 in a couple weeks and he is also proving that 4′s are the WORST! lol